Iowa State University Systems Analyst I/II – Printing Services in Ames, Iowa
Position Title:Systems Analyst I/II – Printing Services
Job Group:Professional & Scientific
Required Minimum Qualifications:High school diploma or equivalent
Printing Services is seeking to fill a Systems Analyst I/II position , which will handle a variety of software, hardware and systems technical support duties for the department.
Printing Services provides various printing services (offset and digital press, finishing and bindery, mailing, wide-format-print, pre-press/graphics, etc.) to the Iowa State community at a competitive price, a prompt turnaround time, and at top quality. Printing Services currently has 2 locations on the Iowa State University campus; the central location at the Printing & Publications Building and a quick-print service at the Student Innovation Center. The successful candidate will have exceptional communication skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. The candidate will have the ability to analyze problems and apply strategic thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
Example of Duties
• Supports the analysis, design, and implementation of multiple software/systems to aid in efficient and high-quality products and services
• Support Server infrastructure (Physical and Virtual)
• Manage departmental users / computers in Active Directory
• Manage projects, use independent judgment in completing and meeting deadlines, while managing occasional priority changes.
• Installs, modifies, and maintains simple to complex software and hardware systems
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues with software or hardware, collaborating with vendors and users, as necessary • Assist in the research, testing, evaluation, development, implementation and support of new or changing technology for the department
• Walk colleagues or clients through steps to help them resolve their technical problems
• Maintain procedures and reports that provide technical support to the department users and customers
• Analyze records, reports and logs to identify and assist in the correction of underlying trends and potential issues.
• Participate in meetings to provide insight into technical issues and topics
• Train users on hardware functionality and software programs
• Design and perform various tests on data, hardware and software according to required standards to ensure preparedness for disaster recovery situations
• Ensure security compliance with pertinent regulations and policies
• Demonstrates initiative and responsibility for individual performance with minimal supervision and direction
• Completes assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner
• Ensure department website (currently Microsoft .Net) functionality, while supporting other appropriate staff in making periodic updates
• Ensure compliance with pertinent regulations and internal policies
• Assist with monitoring performance and tracking of department objectives
• Compile reports and data and provide them to the first-line managers or upper/lower management
• Generate reports by running queries using SQL servers
• Follows through on commitments, uses independent judgment in completing tasks and meeting deadlines and manages occasional priority changes
To qualify for the Systems Analyst II position, the candidate must have a high school diploma or equivalent and 3 years of related experience. In addition to the aforementioned responsibilities, the Systems Administrator II will be expected to work more independently, be assigned additional duties and manage more complex projects.
The Systems Analyst I is a pay grade PS807.
The Systems Analyst II is a pay grade PS809.
Number of Months Employed Per Year:12 Month Work Period
Time Type:Full time
To apply for this position, please click on “Apply” and complete the Employment Application. Please be prepared to enter or attach the following:1) Resume/Curriculum Vitae2) Letter of Application/Cover LetterIf you have questions regarding this application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-294-4800 or Toll Free: 1-877-477-7485.
Original Posting Date: April 8, 2021
Posting Close Date:April 21, 2021
Job Requisition Number:R4639
Iowa State University (http://www.iastate.edu/) is classified as a Carnegie Foundation Doctoral/Research University-Extensive, a member of the Association of American Universities ( AAU ), and ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top public universities in the nation. More than 30,000 students are enrolled and are served by over 6,200 faculty and staff.
Iowa State University is a global and culturally diverse university committed to providing an inclusive, equitable, and diverse environment for both learning and employment. We know that diversity in experience and perspective is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and building an inclusive academic community. At Iowa State, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituents. The university has an expectation that all employees will demonstrate a contribution to diversity and inclusion as embodied in Iowa State University’s Principles of Community (http://www.diversity.iastate.edu/principles-of-community) .
All offers of employment, oral and written, are contingent upon the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by federal and state law, ISU policies/procedures, and may include the completion of a background check and/or a consumer credit check.
Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against. Inquiries can be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity, 3410 Beardshear Hall, 515 Morrill Road, 515 294-7612, email email@example.com .
If you have questions about the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-294-4800 or Toll-Free at 1-877-477-7485 . Iowa State University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should email email@example.com or call (515) 294-4800 or Toll-Free: (877) 477-7485 . TTY users are welcome to use the Iowa Relay Service number by dialing 7-1-1 or (800) 735-2942 .
General ISU compensation information can be found here:https://www.hr.iastate.edu/careers/compensation