Danaher Corporation Technician II, Chemical-1st Shift in Ames, Iowa
Danaher Company Description
Hachis a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
OUR MISSION:Ensure water quality for people around the world.
OUR VISION:We make water analysis better – faster, simpler, greener and more informative – via unsurpassed customer partnerships, the most knowledgeable experts, and reliable, easy-to-use products.
WATER QUALITY GROUP
Danaher`s Water Quality Business is a global leader in water quality analysis and treatment, providing instrumentation and disinfection systems to help analyze and manage the quality of ultra-pure water, portable water, wastewater, groundwater and ocean water in residential, commercial, industrial, and natural resource applications. Our water quality business provides products under a variety of brands, including HACH, ChemTreat, and Trojan Technologies.
Purpose of Position:
Responsible for safely handling chemicals during manufacturing of chemical reagents. This position does bulk reagent preparation and control per work order and according to established manufacturing procedures. Products primarily solution based. Responsible for maintaining accurate records and inventory levels of raw materials. Has primary responsibility for product quality.
Hours are Monday-Friday 6:00 AM-2:30 PM OR 6:30 AM-3:00 PM. Overtime may be required.
- Manufacture bulk solutions, powders, microbiology media and dyes.
- Use existing formularies to manufacture bulk reagents per work order.
- Operate all manufacturing equipment and instruments in a safe and productive manner.
- Perform production controls and adjust bulk reagents to meet product specifications and ensure quality. Release conforming materials to processing, packaging or stock in a timely manner.
- Maintain clean production and lab area to eliminate contamination.
- Maintain production equipment in proper working condition.
- Comply with company safety policies including safe operation of equipment, PPE usage, safe transportation and handling of bulk chemicals, hand tool safety, lock-out-tag-out, and proper storage of tools, etc. Comply with good housekeeping policies.
- Maintain accurate records
- Keep accurate production and inventory records, follow kanban process.
- Update routings, BOM's and formularies via ECO process.
- Accurately perform required computer data entry and work order transactions (LOTS, scrap, Oracle, ARIBA, Kanban, etc.).
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- For the microbiology department strict adherence to clean room operating procedures is required
* Associates degree or higher in chemistry, microbiology or other similar physical science preferred. * One-year college chemistry with lab required * One semester of microbiology preferred Experience: * 1-year scientific production, process, or lab technician experience OR BS degree with no experience Skills: * Good laboratory technique * Good analytical technique (use of volumetric glassware to make standard solutions, perform dilutions, and perform titrations) * Ability to gather and analyze data * Mechanical ability preferred * Good math skills -(familiar with metric system and knowledge of algebra) * General computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet * Ability to use various types of machinery, e.g. laboratory instrumentation, jacketed reactors, filtration systems * Ability to use hand tools * Knowledge:* * Knowledge of clean room operations helpful * Knowledge of hand tool * Knowledge of chemical/microbiological manufacturing equipment helpful. * Possesses a working knowledge of, or possesses a thorough knowledge of good laboratory technique. *Physical Demands* The physical demands described here in are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequentlyrequired to reach with hands and arms. The employee is constantly required to, stand/or sit, squat, turn/twist, reach, usehands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls. Theemployee is occasionally required tohear, walk, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, andsmell.
The employee must frequentlylift, carry, push or pull up to 20pounds and/or occasionally lift,carry, push or pull up to 50pounds.
Specific vision abilities requiredby this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheralvision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
*Work Environment* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be subjected to moving mechanicalparts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, oils,extreme temperatures and work space restrictions.
Frequent/daily exposure to large quantities/volumes of hazardous and nonhazardous chemicals and micro organisms.
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
Employees will be requiredto wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which may include: eye, hearing andrespiratory protection, protective smock, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats,or face shields. Contact lenses may notbe allowed in some areas.
/The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. The purpose of this description is to assist in ADA compliance and is not intended for other purposes such as collective bargaining, or compensation./
PRE-EMPLOYMENT TESTING: External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review.
Hach is an equal,opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion,gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation,gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-IA-Ames
Req ID: HAC005614