UnityPoint Health Rehab Therapy Office Assistant - PRN in Anamosa, Iowa
Description of Position:
Provide a “snapshot” or the principal purpose or focus of the position, consisting of no more than three to five sentences. This summary should provide enough information to differentiate the major function and activities of the position from those of other positions.
The rehab therapy office assistant supports hospital-based therapy operations: house-wide scheduling, matching staff to workload, auditing medical records, tracking insurance and regulatory compliance, supervising interns and volunteers, and other administrative support functions. In addition, the rehab therapy office assistant provides patient care activities at an advanced level and performs a variety of department housekeeping tasks. This associate is expected to adhere to and exemplify the UnityPoint Health FOCUS values/behaviors and the PMR associate-patient relationship policy.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Assists therapists and assistants with complex patients by performing advanced second-person assist duties
· Cleans and sanitizes therapy equipment
· Maintains a safe and orderly work environment by performing duties such as routine cleaning of equipment, changing mat sheets and pillow cases between patients, restocking linen and returning equipment and supplies to their proper location
· Stocks treatment rooms
· Orders and puts supplies away
· Set up equipment and treatment areas for patients
· Assist in direct or indirect patient care activities under appropriate guidance, direction, and/or supervision in accordance with the State of Iowa practice acts. Examples of patient care activities include functional mobility training, strengthening and ROM exercises.
· Performs additional duties as assigned such as mentoring volunteers and interns, performing audits, grocery shopping, and making materials for home programs, maintaining various logs (iLs, food, dry cleaning log, temperature, preventative maintenance, MSDS), casting kids, and scoring tests.
Program Development/Resource Management
· Department Scheduling
o Confirm with PRN staff who are scheduled to work the next day
o Assist with schedule board for next day
§ Accommodate special requests from patients, care coordinators, nurses, psych, etc.
§ Consider patient/staff continuity and efficiency
o Schedule to workload
· Audit compliance with rehab discharge summaries each month
· Perform G-codes audits
· Assist staff and management with special projects
· Orients, trains and supervises student interns
· Helps orient and train new associates and volunteers to specific job tasks
· Maintains a safe and orderly work environment by performing duties such as routine cleaning/sanitizing equipment, changing pillow cases between patients, restocking linen and returning equipment and supplies to their proper location
· Participates in department and hospital meetings
· Participates in performance improvement activities
· Performs additional duties as assigned such as grocery shopping, making materials for home programs, and maintaining various logs (ex. food, temperature, preventative maintenance)
· Additional duties as assigned
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High school diploma or equivalent required
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English
6-months of UnityPoint Health experience as a rehab therapy tech
Employed part-time accruing, part-time regular or full-time
Demonstrated ability to work with complex patients
Demonstrated ability to perform one or more of the following essential department functions: department scheduling, daily or weekend staffing, organizing and tracking equipment inventory, insuring regulatory compliance .
Therapy tech/aide experience
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Basic computer knowledge and skills
Works well with all customers and co-workers at all levels of the organization
Demonstrates a cooperative, courteous and dependable work performance
Maintains confidentiality at all times
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2020-79241
Street: 1795 Hwy 64 E
Name: 1050 UnityPoint Health Jones Regional Medical Center
Name: Physical Therapy
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.01
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: PRN - As Needed
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org