Girl Scouts of America Director of Member Recruitment/Sales in Bettendorf, Iowa
Director of Member Recruitment/Sales
Girl Scouts Of Eastern Iowa And Western Illinois, Inc.
Job Location: IA - Bettendorf
Salary Range: To Be Determined
Employment Type: Full-Time (Regular)
Job #: 4012
Post Date: 5/9/2018
The Director of Member Engagement/Recruitment is responsible for developing, implementing, and assessing a comprehensive year-round plan for recruiting and supporting girls and volunteers to grow council membership. Ensures all plans support and reinforce the Girl Scout philosophy and council standards; provides leadership and management oversight of the Recruitment team. The Director works in partnership with other member engagement areas to support the council’s mission, goals, and strategic priorities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
• The Director of Member Recruitment/Sales works with other Directors on the development and implementation of the council’s vision and mission.
• Oversees the management of all phases of the recruitment strategy from development of recruitment campaign opportunities, implementation and support of programming, and retention of our membership; ensures recruitment strategies are consistent with the philosophy and mission of Girl Scouts and the council’s policies.
• Collaborates with the senior leadership team on strategic long and short-term council goals that will move the organization forward and ensure continued success of the council.
• Supervises the Recruitment team and Outreach Director; monitors and evaluates employee performance, providing ongoing feedback to maximize productivity and excellent customer service.
• Responsible for development of department budget and monitoring cost centers.
• Participates in the interviewing and selection of new hires.
• Provides coaching, development, and training opportunities to improve employee performance and job satisfaction.
• Communicates employee expectations; set team goals; plans assigns and monitors work; and provides support for problem solving and conflict resolution.
• Works with the Member Engagement team to identify and develop comprehensive annual strategies to increase and support adult and girl membership, build and strengthen community support and identify funding opportunities.
• Works with the Outreach Director to identify and develop comprehensive annual strategies to provide programming to girls through our staff-led Outreach initiative, and strengthen the Girl Scout presence in our communities; proposes and presents strategies to COO.
• Collaborates with marketing team on messages and marketing materials used in recruitment efforts to increase visibility and knowledge of Girl Scouts in our communities.
• Prepares a variety of status reports, including activity, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
• Manages and coordinates department budget and resource allocations.
• Works with cross-functional teams to develop innovative techniques to ensure on going effective delivery of the recruitment and support strategies.
• Ensures Girl Scouting is open to all girls and adults by delivering the Girl Scout message of pluralism and diversity to members of the council.
• Promotes and assists with Council wide programs, activities, public relations and fund development endeavors.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Job location: Camp Liberty, 4415 295 Street, New Liberty, IA 52765
EOE/Committed to Diversity
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree or 7 years of experience in business administration, social services, youth services, or non-profit administration.
• 7 years of management experience with 3 years sales or recruiting experience preferred.
• Excellent technical computer skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and customer relationship management systems or other data tracking systems.
• Ability to lift 35 lbs.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Access to reliable transportation.
• Proof of vehicle insurance.
• Belief in and supports the mission of the Girl Scouts.
• Become a registered Girl Scout member.
• Sales Ambition
• Self-Management and Confidence
• Active Listening
• Marketing Knowledge
• Oral and Written Communication
• Interpersonal Relationship Building
• Budget Administration
• Management / Leadership
• Team Building
• Analytical Thinking
• Detail Oriented
• Goal Driven
• Non-traditional work hours
• Extensive travel throughout assigned geographical region
• Works independently and as part of a cross functional team
of Direct Reports: 10; # of Indirect Reports: 0
For more information, please contact the council directly.
How to Apply
Please apply at https://girlscoutstoday.isolvedhire.com/pages/aboutus/ or at www.GirlScoutsToday.org, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on our Career tab.
Girl Scouts of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois
940 Golden Valley DriveBettendorf, IA 52722
Web Site: http://www.girlscoutstoday.org/