UnityPoint Health Rn Surgical Inpatient in Bettendorf, Iowa
Assumes responsibilities delegated by the Department Director, charge nurse, shift director or their designee which concerns the planning and implementation of patient care. Contributes professional nursing knowledge and skills in the provision and management of care to the patients and their families. Plans, organizes, and directs activities for the patients under their care. Uses independent judgement in crisis situations and takes appropriate actions.
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Assesses the needs of patients and families, providing appropriate teaching and making the necessary referrals to provide continuity of care.
· Develops an individual plan of care using a collaborative approach with the patient/family and health care team.
· Promptly completes documentation to assure an accurate legal record of patient’s care.
· Delivers high quality care utilizing the nursing process while demonstrating knowledge and clinical skills of the specialty required on assigned unit in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care.
· Utilizes holistic approach (considering biopsychosocial, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients and families served in the assigned service area.
· Delegates and provides direction for other healthcare providers and hold them accountable for their involvement in the plan of care.
· Utilizes critical thinking in making independent judgments, and maintains responsibility and accountability for the knowledge of conditions of assigned patients.
Development & Patient Education
· Continues professional development and involvement in professional activities that enhance nursing practice by sharing knowledge through networking and research.
· Assesses and chooses teaching strategies appropriate to the patient’s and their families’ age specific needs, culture, gender, readiness to learn and level of comprehension.
· Consults appropriate resources within the hospital to provide specialized education.
· Demonstrates knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Registered Nurse – Licensed and registered in the state of Iowa (RN)
· Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Iowa
· Professionalism, good interpersonal skills, accountable, adaptability,
· verbal and written communication skills, flexible
· Decision making, Priority management, problem solving, team work, collaborative,
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
☒ Level 3; Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Requisition ID: 2020-81121
Street: 4500 Utica Ridge Rd
Name: 6020 UnityPoint Health QC Trinity
Name: Surgical IP- BE
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.9
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 1845-0715
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org