Tutor Doctor Spanish Tutor in Bettendorf, Iowa
Tutor Doctor is North America's leading provider of in-home, one-to-one academic tutoring. We take a holistic approach to tutoring, encompassing not only the student and family, but also the tutor - specifically matched to the student - for the best possible results.
We are looking for a candidate with a solid understanding in the field of education and a passion for teaching. Our ideal candidate is experienced in teaching Spanish to elementary - high school students. We want our tutors to have the integrity and knowledge to push students to excel beyond their own expectations - inspiring them to be their best.
Job Overview: Spanish Tutor -- Part-Time Contract Position
This is a part-time opportunity.
BENEFITS OF BECOMING A TUTOR DOCTOR TUTOR
- Caring environment: Tutor Doctor really cares about their students and do all the marketing and organization to get clients for your roster.
- Family consultations: We meet with every family before matching to provide valuable information to you so you can arrive prepared for the first session
- Flexible hours and Cancellation policy: We require our families to provide you with 24 hours notice to cancel a session
- Support: We support out tutors every step of the way
Efficient reporting system: We have an online reporting system that allows you to invoice us for your tutoring hours and log your student's progress MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's degree and experience teaching or tutoring
- Must be able to speak and write fluently in Spanish - native language preferred
- Experience with basic Data Entry
- Ability to create and implement lesson plans
- Flexible personality suited for different learning styles
- Strong administration and computer skills
- Access to the internet, a computer, and a smart phone
Access to reliable transportation with valid auto insurance a must RESPONSIBILITIES
Effectively and comprehensively deliver subject matter tutoring* Facilitate tutoring sessions for the prescribed subjects at the agreed time and location
- Work with the student to close any learning gaps or enhance understanding in subject areas
- Provide practice work to ensure thorough understanding of topic/s covered
- With parent's permission, communicate with student's teacher if requiredSubmit a session report for our office and families after each tutoring session within 24 hours of said session
- Service existing clients' concerns, questions, and requests
- Communicate relevant information regularly to your local Tutor Doctor office
Pay is dependent upon level of education, experience, and certification status. We offer competitive rates and do not withhold fees or commissions.
We pay between $20-22/hr