Army National Guard Units PRODUCTION CONTROLLER in Camp Dodge Military Reservation, Iowa
IOWA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD - TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION
This position is restricted to current Military members of the Iowa Army National Guard. LOCATION: CSMS, JOHNSTON, IOWA
As a PRODUCTION CONTROLLER, GS-1152-9 your duties are below;
(1) Establishes plans and schedules for maintenance and repair, using multiple process production methods and procedures for a variety of vehicles and equipment such as combat vehicles, heavy-duty engineering and mobile equipment, tracked vehicles, towed and self-propelled artillery, communications and electronic equipment, guided missile systems, and small arms. Implements maintenance plans and monitors progress of accomplishments. Using readiness, production and management reports available from the current automation support program and/or manual system, provides status of equipment, maintenance actions in progress, and location of equipment as required or requested. Responsible for data input of work order information, status changes, supply updates, and other pertinent information. Makes on-the-spot adjustments to repair priorities necessitated by unscheduled maintenance requirements.
(2) Ensures Modified Table of Organization and Equipment (MTO&E) or Table of Distribution and Allowances (TDA) reportable Line Item Numbers (LIN) are properly managed, reported and accounted for with respect to readiness reports, property accountability reports, and system management. Based on guidance received, prioritizes resources to ensure the highest level of readiness in support of training and mobilization requirements of supported units. Ensures that Army Materiel Status System (AMSS) equipment readiness reports are correct and submitted in a timely manner to meet Department of the Army (DA) reporting suspense.
(3) Programs workload, shop space, and available personnel on a short and long-term basis. Conducts initial and long range planning on matters which include multiple process production, maintenance operations, equipment readiness, including mechanical skills, availability of test and diagnostic equipment, repair parts, annual training requirements, mobilization requirements; and other factors influencing the repair, modification, and maintenance of equipment and readiness reporting.
(4) Ensures that unit Class 9 (CL IX) accounts are funded, budgeted, and executed to maximize readiness. Performs demand analysis on unit CL IX expenses to determine proper stockage to sustain unit mission requirements.
(5) Designates and maintains current maintenance priorities by Force Activity Designator, pacing items, Equipment Readiness Codes (ERC) A, B, and C equipment type, available funds, commander's priority, state/national priorities (in the case of floods, fires, and mobilizations), and unit supported. Using the current automation support system, authorizes the acceptance of equipment for repair; monitors work priorities, current status, and completion of work orders; requisitions and provides status of repair parts; and assures the effective utilization of maintenance personnel. Provides both standard and ad hoc reports on the status of work orders to the supervisor and/or units. Assists supervisory personnel regarding readiness, CL IX funding, production problems and work planning. Assists in the resolution of problems encountered between scheduled or unscheduled production or priority requirements.
(6) Analyzes repair methods and develops control procedures and policies to assure accomplishment of programs to meet priorities and deadlines established by higher authority or support activities. Ensures that this is performed in the most effective and efficient manner possible with good quality control and quality assurance procedures in place. Coordinates with units and other support activities concerning the delivery, status of repair operations, and/or pick up of completed work orders. Coordinates with logistical personnel, equipment specialists, higher ranked management officials, item managers at depots concerning critical shortages of repair parts required to support the maintenance repair program.
(7) Provides technical guidance and oversight to a lower-graded Production Controller. May provide guidance and oversight of mechanics, Tools and Parts Attendants, or other positions assisting in the maintenance production or maintenance management processes. Ensures necessary maintenance workers are available and that required reports are submitted to units and higher headquarters in a timely manner.
(8) Performs other duties as assigned. D1255
Conditions of Employment
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires military membership in a compatible military assignment in the Iowa Army National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of this excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
APPLICATION MATERIALS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 04/16/2021 . FAILURE TO PROVIDE COMPLETE INFORMATION MAY RESULT IN YOUR NOT RECEIVING CONSIDERATION FOR THIS POSITION. Please refer to the Qualifications and Evaluations Section of this Announcement to understand the qualification requirements, and the How to Apply Section for detailed instruction on applying. SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Employment is subject to attaining and maintaining a secret clearance as required by this position. If the selectee does not possess the applicable security clearance when hired, application must be made within 30 days of the start date. Failure to make application for the required security clearance will result in termination of employment.
Failure to complete NGB prescribed courses at the PEC for new FTS personnel within the first year of employment may be cause for reassignment or termination of FTS. Military Rank Requirements: Warrant Officer/Enlisted (CW4 and below)
In describing your experience, please be clear and specific. We will not make assumptions regarding your experience. Applicants who do not fully address the minimum/specialized experience needed for the position in their resume will not be referred for consideration. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: : Experience, education or training which indicates the candidate can reason in quantitative terms, communicate orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner, understanding the terminology and data pertaining to repair operations and process characteristics of the production activity. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: GS-1152-9: Must have at least 24 months experience, education or training preparing job or work orders; scheduling various phases of projects into the production facility. Experience following up to see if work is progressing as planned and arranging for adjustments in materials, machine processes, and work sequencing allowing for changes. Experience with current automation support programs to input data, provide status of equipment, and monitor job order status, monitor work priorities, requisition repair parts, track repair parts status, etc.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience -- Completion of 2 academic years of education in an accredited college or university will satisfy the requirements for GS-4 positions. Only education in excess of the first 60 semester hours (i.e., beyond the second year) is creditable toward meeting the specialized experience requirement. One full academic year of study (30 semester hours) beyond the second year is equivalent to 6 months of specialized experience for GS-5 positions. To receive credit for Education, you must provide college transcripts to support your Educational claims.
ENLISTMENT CASH BONUSES: Acceptance of a technician position may affect any bonus and/or educational assistance that may be applicable. Please contact your Education Office prior to accepting a position with the Iowa Army National Guard.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory. If you are a male applicant born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx). If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application