UnityPoint Health Administrative Assistant I-Nursing Operations in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Description of Position:
Provide a “snapshot” or the principal purpose or focus of the position, consisting of no more than three to five sentences. This summary should provide enough information to differentiate the major function and activities of the position from those of other positions.
The position of the Administrative Assistant I will provide administrative support to the Acute Adult Services Division. The Administrative Assistant I reports to the Director of Acute Adult Services.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). o not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· Open and routes mail
· Composes and types routine correspondence and other written communication as needed
· Orders supplies for office and division as directed
· Maintains systematic and easily retrievable files
· Disseminates information relative to administrative policies
· Maintains records, calendars, financial reports, etc
· Maintains confidential files
· Assists with special projects and programs
· Coordinates meetings (room scheduling, catering, audiovisuals needs, etc) as needed
· Oversees scheduling of educational classrooms
· Assists with recording minutes at various meetings as needed
· Demonstrates good verbal and written communication skills with other health care team members
o Verbal communication is clear and precise
o Written communication is legible, if handwritten and completed in a timely manner
o Computer documentation is completed in accordance with hospital policies and procedures
· Receives and makes proper disposition of telephone calls
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· High school graduate or GED equivalent.
· Associate Degree in related field or direct and applicable work experience.
· Completed an advanced secretarial course or has previous experience.
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Writes, reads, and comprehends fluent English.
· Demonstrates strong computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office software applications.
· Must be able to successfully complete basic and advanced departmental computer training.
· Demonstrates proficiency in the manual and technical skills required to perform basic and advanced computer operations.
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
· Objectively directs concerns regarding departmental and/or hospital policies to the Director.
· Must be able to work well with all customers, co-workers and multi-disciplinary team members.
Requisition ID: 2021-93911
Street: 1026 A Ave NE
Name: 1010 UnityPoint Health CR St Lukes Hospital
Name: Nursing Admin/Nrsg Supp
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Days
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org