CRST International Driver Manager - 2nd shift in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
CRST Expedited is seeking a self motivated and problem solving Driver Manager - 2nd Shift to be located in our Cedar Rapids, Iowa office. The hours for this role are M-F 2pm-11pm.
This position qualifies for SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL PAY! Earn an additional $2,400 on top of your base pay! Inquire now to learn more!
*Job Summary: *The Driver Manager is responsible for managing and developing relationships with drivers to increase overall driver satisfaction and to improve driver retention. The position works closely with other departments to meet customer, driver, and company objectives and safety initiatives
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities: *
- Manage a board of 30-50 team driving trucks on day shifts and 200-300 on weekends or 2nd shift.
- Supervise on time pick-ups, deliveries, routings, and other transit time factors.
- Work with the customer service and load planning departments to ensure the delivery of freight and driver concerns.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of DOT regulations for over the road drivers including e-logs, permits, hazmat, weight restrictions, etc.
- Ensure DOT and company specific safety regulations are being followed.
- Work with the Maintenance department to keep equipment moving and serviced at an optimal level of performance
*Minimum Qualification Requirements: *
- 1-2 years of previous experience in a related field preferred
- High school diploma or GED required and a degree in a related field preferred
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Previous coaching or management experience required
- Verbal and written communication skills needed
- Basic computer skills required
CRST is an EOE. Candidate subject to successful completion of pre-employment background and drug screening.
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Employment duration: Full time