UnityPoint Health Lifeline Installer in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Responsible for assisting in the day to day operation of the Lifeline Program. The object of this program is to build consumer demand to generate unit placement at a rate of 10-15% units per year. Carries out regular and special assignments as directed.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
· Works with Lifeline staff completing installs, service calls and disconnects.
· Answers new Lifeline subscribers’ questions regarding only the service installing. Directs all subscriber questions regarding other equipment opportunities to Lifeline office staff.
· Is familiar with all Lifeline equipment being able to install, service and disconnect as needed. Also helps with the cleaning of the returned equipment as directed by Lifeline coordinator.
· Serves as a contact to Lifeline subscribers and their families for reporting changes in information, equipment problems or to address other concerns/problems which are brought up by consumer at installation.
· Maintains proper recordkeeping, inventory control and equipment warranty service.
· Maintains compliance with personnel policies and procedures and Standards of Excellence.
· Behaves in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance policies and procedures.
· Performs other duties as requested by the Lifeline Program Coordinator/Manager to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High-school diploma or equivalent required.
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
· One to two years working with older adults
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Acquired knowledge of communication systems and computer skills.
· Must be able to work well with customers, volunteers, and co-workers.
· Must be sensitive and empathetic in relating to older adults and their families.
· Must be cooperative, courteous, and dependable work performance.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2020-83064
Street: 298 Blairs Ferry Rd
Name: 1010 UnityPoint Health CR St Lukes Hospital
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): .01
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: PRN
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org