UnityPoint Health Nursing Supervisor - Home Hospice in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Nursing Supervisor - Home Hospice
FT: Monday-Friday with call rotation
As a member of the clinical leadership team, assists in directing patient care in the hospice setting in accordance with professional nursing standards. Provides oversight of the delivery of direct patient care through care coordination and guiding the collaboration among the interdisciplinary team.
· Key Accountability: Clinical Leadership
- Provides leadership and direct supervision with focus on clinical problem solving, mentoring, coaching, performance management, and annual performance evaluations of interdisciplinary team in accordance to HR policy and process administration.
· Assesses and educates staff on job performance and assures competency in staff, to meet or exceed agency established benchmarks, e.g. quality outcomes, patient satisfaction, productivity and documentation requirements.
Enforces compliance and quality standards based on objective feedback and measurements from quality specialists, patient care supervisors, and/or other clinical leadership staff.
Approves and coordinates coverage for staff absences, vacations and maintains staffing needs in accordance with safe patient care and quality standards.
Addresses and resolves patient/caregiver complaints, events or safety concerns from patient, family or caregivers.
Performs clinical duties including patient/ family visits for field observations and competency evaluation of care to facilitate teamwork and ensure compliance with regulatory and state regulations.
Monitors productivity, clinical assignments and direct supervision of scheduling workflows to ensure compliance with established operational metrics and compliance with regulation standards
Interprets data and implements best practices to achieve established metrics for clinical, fiscal and satisfaction outcomes including staff engagement, staff retention, clinical outcomes and patient and family experience.
Provides coverage for Hospice leader during absences/vacation request and participates in leadership call responsibility as assigned by region.
Participates in interview and hiring process including working with service line preceptor in completion of the onboarding process and is responsible for coordination of orientation and training programs for new staff.
· Key Accountability: Care Coordination
- Assists clinical team to coordinate complex referral to other services, community resources, etc. ensure effective processes implemented between referral source, central coordination and clinical staff.
· Facilitates communication between the interdisciplinary team, physicians, patients and family members.
· Leads interdisciplinary team conferences for new admissions, re-certifications and on-going plan of care updates
· Participates and supports continuous improvement and quality initiatives.
· May be responsible for regulatory role of administrator
o Making patient and personnel assignment.
o Coordinating patient care.
o Coordinating referrals.
o Assuring that patient needs are continually assessed.
o Assuring the development, implementation and updates of the individualized plan of care.
· Key Accountability: Subject Matter Expert
· Expert in service line rules and regulations
· Reviews documentation to ensure compliance with state regulations, conditions of participation and payer requirements.
· Ensures care delivery by team(s) is in compliance with state regulations, standards of professional practice by discipline, conditions of participation and payer requirements.
· Super-user of electronic health record.
· Responsible for HIS review and accuracy.
· Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Graduate of State Board approved program for Registered Nurses or Graduate of a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
BSN or MSW
Hospice case management or equivalent experience.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Current license to practice nursing or social work according to state where service is provided.
Valid Mandatory Reporter course completion by state requirement.
Patient Focused certification or successful completion of certification within one year of employment.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Ability to work as a team member.
Strong computer skills.
Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
Strong organizational and time management skills.
Ability to critically think and make clinical decisions based on verbal and written communication.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2021-86452
Street: 290 Blairs Ferry Rd NE
Name: 9400 UnityPoint at Home Affiliate
Name: Admin- Hosp- CR
FLSA Status: Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Monday-Friday, Daytime hours with call & weekend rotation
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org