UnityPoint Health Radiation Therapist in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
The Radiation Therapist is responsible for the safe delivery of radiation therapy treatments to patients as prescribed by the physician, and in accordance with the standards of practice of the American Registry of Radiologic Technicians.
Perform simulation and treatment procedures as prescribed by the Radiation Oncologist. Completes assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of clinical programs working closely with the St. Luke’s Cancer Care Director, Radiation Oncology Manager and Medical Director to advance clinical outcomes, efficiency and services offered through St. Luke’s Radiation Oncology Program. Supports the mission of the Helen G. Nassif Community Cancer Center (HGNCCC) and collaboratively works with team members of the HGNCCC to provide quality, compassionate care across the continuum.
• Graduate of an accredited radiation therapy technology program required. 4 year degree preferred, 2 year degree accepted.
• ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists) certification required.
• 2-3 years of Radiation Therapy experience preferred.
• Must obtain and hold valid Iowa state license in radiation therapy prior to employment. . Qualifications/Experience
• Meets the current requirements of the Iowa Emergency Management Association, Department of Nuclear Safety for the position of Radiation Therapist.
• Working knowledge of Varian TrueBeam linear accelerator and ARIA record and verify. Epic experience, preferred.
• Experience organizing multiple tasks, working with diverse groups of people• Ability to work independently and self-direct work activities• Detail oriented and able to meet established deadlines
Requisition ID: 2018-54302
Street: 1026 A Ave NE
Name: 1010 UnityPoint Health CR St Lukes Hospital
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): PRN
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org