UnityPoint Health Radiology Technologist-Computed Tomography (CT) - PRN in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Description of Position:
The CT Technologist is responsible for working within the established guidelines of the Imaging Services as assigned. The CT Technologist is expected to understand and support the Mission and Vision of St. Luke's Hospital. As a professional the CT Technologist is responsible for carrying out the philosophy and objectives established by the Board of Directors and the Management team. Foremost among these responsibilities are strictly adhering to detail in the technical performance of radiology procedures, solving practical and analytical problems, resolving conflict, and implementing constructive change.
% of Time
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Performs careful and accurate work in any technical area as assigned.
· Performs procedural exams within specified turnaround time for assigned area and assures procedural exam guidelines are strictly adhered to, complies with exam procedure technical factors and protocols in consultation with radiologist.
· Support and perform CT exams within guidelines of the Imaging Gently Campaign.
· Administers contrast agents according to procedure guidelines and states correct flow rates utilizing power injector.
· Documents all necessary information in the performance of technical procedures, including adequate history and quality control.
· Consistently demonstrates attention to detail in following protocol for patient identification, patient history, exam, image marking, and labeling.
· Documents pregnancy appropriately for females of child bearing age.
· Uses AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, and Thank You) with every patient interaction to create patient and family experiences consistent with the mission of St. Luke’s Hospital.
· Perform patient transfers with approved transfer mobility equipment when appropriate.
· Assists in maintaining a high quality and well-organized radiologic science program by assisting with student clinical and/or didactic instruction as necessary.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Maintains compliance and is responsible for executing and monitoring technical practices in order to meet
necessary standards, recommendations and requirements of voluntary and government agencies (i.e., IDPH, ACR, TJC).
· Understands and adheres to all safety practices (ALARA) while performing duties to minimize any risk of injury and/or exposure to unnecessary ionizing radiation.
· Wears an issued radiation badge for monitoring occupational exposure to ionizing radiation.
· Possesses ability and makes good independent decisions based upon knowledge of the overall departmental functions, policies and procedures.
· Promotes the development, preparation, implementation and attainment of departmental goals, policies and projects.
· Maintains an adequate level of productivity.
· Communicates with the department Managers as necessary when problems or unusual circumstances arise and documents as necessary.
· Prioritizes work appropriately and assists others as time and workload allows.
· Communicates effectively inter- and intra-departmentally with other healthcare professionals and customers to provide accurate, timely information and to reduce problems and minimize exceptions
· Understand the School of Radiology clinical competency system and communicate with School of Radiology faculty on student-related progress and issues.
· Understand requirements for student supervision as outlined in the Student Supervision policy and support the School of Radiology educational process.
· Maintains cleanliness of equipment and workspace and reports equipment malfunctions in a timely manner.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English. Must be a graduate of an accredited program in Radiologic Technology and ARRT certified. Annually completes CT and Fluoroscopic Safety education.
Clinical experience as a Radiologic Technologist preferred. Must have appropriate training for the modality assigned. Experience in computer systems is desirable. Must possess excellent communication skills.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Must have current permit issued by the Iowa Department of Public Health. Must have ARRT certification as a Radiographer.
Preferred ARRT certification in CT or become CT certified within 2 years of hire.
Must be able to work well with all customers and coworkers. Must demonstrate a cooperative, courteous and dependable working performance. Must possess high integrity and maintain confidentiality at all times.
Requisition ID: 2020-83371
Street: 1026 A Ave NE
Name: 1010 UnityPoint Health CR St Lukes Hospital
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.01
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Variable hours as needed - all shifts, including overnights and weekends
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org