Raytheon Technologies Senior Manager, Contracts, Military Avionics in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE
, Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
This position is for an experienced contracts professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise in US Government and Commercial contracting to lead a team of contracts professionals in a challenging and fast paced environment. The leader provides oversight and guidance to the contracts team throughout all aspects of the contract lifecycle from proposal preparation, contract negotiation, administration to closeout. The leader advises business leadership of contractual rights and obligations to protect business interests. Develops and implements processes and assists in policy design in support of the contracts department strategy.
· Leads and manages a team of intermediate to experienced contracts professionals in reviewing solicitations, preparing bids and proposals, negotiating terms, executing and administering contracts, and contract closeout for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
· Provides guidance, interpretation, advice and counsel to the Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), program management and senior management. Interfaces with Program Management and IPT Representatives as well as customer acquisition personnel regarding all contractual aspects of the Program.
· Trains employees and other business team members regarding contracting issues and applicable policies and procedures.
· Responsible for identifying and implementing improvements to department processes to ensure effectiveness of the contracts team.
· Directs analysis and prepares reports and supporting documentation to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
· Coaches and guides team members as required and reviews their work to ensure output is of quality and in accordance with business objectives.
· For more complex issues, assists the team with proposal preparation, contract negotiation, and customer contract activities to ensure contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
· Depth in understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS).
· Interfaces with other members of the Office of General Counsel to obtain legal review and approval.
· Ensures historical contract negotiation and approval records are maintained and retrievable in contracts repository.
· Performs all aspects of personnel management for the reporting team members. Qualifications
Must have previous contracts experience
Ability to communicate with all levels of internal / external customer representatives.
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Willingness to travel, including internationally.
Must be a U.S. Citizen
Proficiency in contract negotiation/drafting government contracts
Ability to solve complex problems and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated customer focus/business partnership
Basic Qualifications:Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
Life insurance and disability coverage
Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
Best Doctors, second opinion program
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link (http://www.rtx.com/privacy/Job-Applicant-Privacy-Notice) to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Raytheon Technologies Jobs