Skyworks Technical Director, Engineering in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Technical Director, Engineering
Apply now »
Date:Jun 3, 2021
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA, US
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Requisition ID: 64884
Skyworks Cedar Rapids design center has leading R&D and product development capabilities and seeks engineering talent with expertise in Analog and RFIC design to meet rapidly increasing customer demand. When you join our team in Cedar Rapids, you'll join a uniquely collaborative, multi-discipline engineering community working across our domestic design centers creating cutting-edge products for global markets. Working and living in Cedar Rapids provides a commute-free lifestyle in a vibrant city consistently ranked as one of the country's most affordable cities. Learn more about the fantastic Cedar Rapids lifestyle when you talk with our team!
The RF/Analog IC director will be part of a team or lead a small team responsible for designing silicon RF switches, RF LNAs, and analog integrated circuits for the high volume and fast-paced cellular handset market. Candidates will have opportunities to participate in all phases of product development, including product definition, architecture, system budget, transistor-level circuit design, layout/layout supervision, lab debug, and production support. In this position, you can make a uniquely large impact on the company's success by working closely with multiple teams and functions throughout the organization.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Drive new architecture and circuit IP development
• Design RF/analog IP using Cadence Virtuoso/APD, Agilent ADS, EMX/HFSS
• Lead RF/analog IP development tape-outs
• Drive the CMOS and SOI technology roadmap to support key handset products
• Drive 20% annual cost reduction efforts
• Drive silicon design methodology to improve efficiency
• Drive silicon Design Automation (DA) improvements
• Extensive Analog and RF circuit design knowledge at the chip level
• Semiconductor processing knowledge and device physics
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Product development knowledge
• Semiconductor reliability & qualification understanding
• RF/Analog Lab test and Product test engineering knowledge
• MS degree and 15 years experience or PhD and 10 years
Skyworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market:Cedar Rapids Job Segment: Manager, Engineer, Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Management, Engineering, Technology
Apply now »
Find similar jobs: