Corteva Agriscience Production Shift Supervisor in Cherokee, Iowa
Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Production Shift Supervisor position based in Cherokee, IA.
The Cherokee facility in Iowa seeks a Production Shift Supervisor that will lead and coordinate activities of Plant Operations Technicians in multiple production, warehouse, & logistics areas on a single shift personally and through team leaders to ensure that the goals are accomplished.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
• Supervise assigned employees and provides coaching and feedback, training and development for those individuals.
• Responsible for tactical planning of assigned areas to ensure the production team has the personnel and resources available to complete the assigned tasks as defined by location and corporate goals.
• Lead and foster the Safety culture at locations, drives seed quality and productivity improvement efforts in their assigned area.
• Monitor daily plant activities and allocate resources to ensure time, quality, people treatment and safety commitments are met.
• Networks with location management on day-to-day location operations, area planning, maintenance and staffing requirements
• May have responsibility for more than one production area, as well as accountability for employees and processes on multiple shifts
• The Production Shift Supervisor needs to be knowledgeable of the fundamentals of the overall processes supervised.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
• You are an operations leader who leads by example to motivate and inspire your team!
• You do an excellent job of building rapport and trust with your direct reports and colleagues!
• You have 3-5 years of leadership or supervisory experience in operations, warehousing, production, manufacturing, or related field.
• You have 3-5 years of coaching and feedback experience (including training and counseling others).
• You have a High School Diploma/GED or higher.
• You are able to interact effectively at all levels of the organization with your excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• When you see a problem, you view it as an opportunity to find and implement a solution!
• You are a flexible leader and are able to adjust to changing conditions, prioritize and manage work processes and your workforce.
• You have strong computer skills that allow you to analyze and interpret data with a variety of tools.
• You like getting out of your office and spending time on the production floor.
• Safety is your top priority and you are willing and able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations to help your colleagues.
• You understand that the company’s viability and performance is directly tied to your job security, so you are willing and able to work shift work and overtime including nights and weekends to meet business needs during peak season.
• Willingness to work in a variety of conditions (field, plant, warehouse – hot, cold, dust, etc.).
• Bachelor’s degree in Ag Business or related subject matter preferred.
• Knowledge of production agriculture and production plant operations.
• Knowledge of Seed Processing/Conditioning/Quality.
• Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing Methodology experience
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world’s food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
• Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
• Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
• Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
• And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact, and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience ™, the world's first dedicated agriculture start-up, serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what's right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
Corteva Agriscience, the agriculture division of DowDuPont, is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit: Accessibility Page for Contact Information For US Applicants: See the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here
- Corteva Agriscience Jobs