Mercy Medical Center Clinton Alverno - CNA - FT Days in Clinton, Iowa
· Perform all assigned tasks in accordance with our established policies and procedures, and as instructed by your supervisors. Follow work assignments, and/or work schedules in completing and performing your assigned tasks.
· Supports the admission, transfer, and discharge process for the Resident.
· Assist Elders with daily living functions such as dental care, feeding, bathing, dressing/undressing, nail care, hair care, and shaving according to expressed preference.
· Assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
· Perform restorative and rehabilitative procedures as instructed. Provide daily Range of Motion Exercises. Record data as instructed. Answer Resident calls promptly.
· Follow established safety precautions in the performance of all duties (i.e., exposure to body fluids, lifting, transferring, use and disposal of personal protective equipment).
· Wear and/or use safety equipment and supplies (e.g., gait belt, mechanical lifts, etc.) when lifting or moving residents in accordance with plan of care.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Must possess a current, unencumbered, active certification to practice as a Nursing Assistant in this state or certificate of completion of state approved nurse aide training program.
· Minimum of one-year experience within a healthcare setting preferred.
· Previous experience working in long-term care or with the geriatric population preferred.
· Must possess superior customer service skills and professionalism.
· Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to adapt to ongoing change and work in a fast-paced, customer-driven environment.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation, serving diverse communities that include more than 30 million people across 22 states. Trinity Health includes 94 hospitals, as well as 109 continuing care locations that include PACE programs, senior living facilities, and home care and hospice services. Its continuing care programs provide nearly 2.5 million visits annually.
Based in Livonia, Mich., and with annual operating revenues of $17.6 billion and assets of $24.7 billion, the organization returns $1.1 billion to its communities annually in the form of charity care and other community benefit programs. Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues, including 7,800 employed physicians and clinicians.
Committed to those who are poor and underserved in its communities, Trinity Health is known for its focus on the country's aging population. As a single, unified ministry, the organization is the innovator of Senior Emergency Departments, the largest not-for-profit provider of home health care services — ranked by number of visits — in the nation, as well as the nation’s leading provider of PACE (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly) based on the number of available programs. For more information, visit www.trinity-health.org at http://www.trinity-health.org/ . You can also follow @TrinityHealthMI on Twitter.