Trane Technologies Intelligent Services Remote Service Specialist - Clive, IA in Clive, Iowa
Intelligent Services Remote Service Specialist - Clive, IA
Clive IA 2220 NW 108 St, Clive, Iowa, United States
Requisition # 2100019
Total Views 429
AtTrane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – includingTrane®andThermo King® - create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
A Remote Support Specialist (RSS) is a unique position dedicated to supporting Trane Mid America Intelligent and BAS Service Agreements. The RSS will utilize Intelligence Services (IS) and remote connections to perform remote diagnostics checks, troubleshooting, system optimizations, and performing remote inspections.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions may be assigned.
Responsible for understanding HVAC systems and BAS controls.
Responsible for reviewing IS service advisories per contract and respond according.
Responsible for accepting and reviewing BAS service calls (sites with remote connections) given by the Resource Coordinators. Provide resolution or detailed information for internal and external technician
Responsible for performing BAS remote diagnostics checks and troubleshooting.
Provides remote customer and technician support
Performs remote digital inspection on approved sites
Prepares for on-site inspection and repairs by remotely inspecting BAS and providing a detailed report of outstanding issues and discrepancies.
Remotely setup Intelligent Services on all connected sites.
Participate in technical reviews with Optimization Engineer (OE)
Participate in strategic account reviews with IS team
Documents work by completing paperwork on each job, including daily time, progress, and duration; and maintaining files.
Records parts, material, labor, and other cost data per assignment and returns unused resources.
Turns in all required paperwork and reports in a timely manner.
Represents company by serving as a direct customer contact.
Identifies parts to order for repairs and timeliness of need.
Keeps current on Trane products concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service, and repair of direct digital control systems.
Regular travel requirements with occasional overnight stays. (10%)
Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or five (5) year’s experience in control systems; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, over the phone, and small group situations to clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid drivers license but this position does not include a work vehicle.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, talk, and hear.
The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position may require working outdoors, in mechanical/equipment rooms and possible extreme weather conditions from time to time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and heavy equipment.
The employee may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock (high voltage); and vibration.
The employee may be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment may be loud.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
- Trane Technologies Jobs