Lincoln Journal Star Data Reporting Analyst in Davenport, Iowa
Position at Lee Enterprises
Lee Enterprises is a leading provider of local news and information, and a major platform for advertising, with daily newspapers, rapidly growing digital products and nearly 300 weekly and specialty publications serving 49 markets in 20 states. We are looking for an entry-level Data Reporting Analyst to work out of our corporate office in Davenport, IA.
What we're looking for
You're a self-proclaimed data nerd with superior quantitative skills, some experience in sales or marketing, and you're looking to apply those skills with our Consumer Insights Group. You're excited about working closely with a small team of sales and marketing analysts and creative types to provide insights and analyses that drive subscription sales and customer retention. If a fast-paced environment, extreme attention to detail and juggling many different projects at once sounds right up your alley, then apply now!
What you'll do
You'll create and analyze sales and retention campaign performance reports, develop target lists for acquisition and retention campaigns, analyze sales results to discover and interpret trends, patterns, and relationships. You'll monitor and evaluate our overall sales and retention performance and identify opportunities. Working with the team, you'll help us ensure we achieve our campaign goals and present data in a way that makes it easy to communicate at the highest levels of the company. You'll also help the team with ad hoc data requests-and you'll learn something new every day.
Skills and Accomplishments You Should Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Sales, Marketing, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative field
- 1-3 years of relevant sales and marketing experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be highly proficient in Excel including advanced functions, pivot tables, macros, etc.
- Experience working with visual data programs such as Domo or Tableau
- Highly analytical and quantitative, with superior attention to detail
- Self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication as well as interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as work collaboratively toward a common goal
Lee offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as a challenging and rewarding work environment.