Airgas Usa LLC District Manager in Davenport, Iowa
/Are you a strategic leader ready to make an impact in a large global organization?/* *
_Apply Now_* and move your career forward with Airgas as a District Managerin Davenport, IA!*
What you will do:
The District Manager (DM) is responsible for leading, directing, and motivating all Branch, Administrative, Operating, and Sales associates within the District to achieve the highest safety standards, top line growth, EBITDA performance and operational excellence. The DM is responsible to execute on plans and strategies designed to meet and exceed customer needs. The DM has full Profit & Loss (P&L) responsibility for their branches/territory.
- Manages the sales force for organic top line growth. The DM may have direct responsibility for key customer accounts.
- Manages branch assets to ensure Airgas’s speed to market.
- Responsible for execution of core strategy activities in the branches and throughout the District.
- Optimizes profit margins through execution of plans and strategies communicated from both the Region and Area. Maintains operation expenses in line with Gross Profit (GP) goals, customer service, and growth plans.
- Executes on plans to realize the strategic pricing targets.
- Provides support for the transition of targeted customers to the sales support program.
- Ensures effective collaboration, teamwork, and communication throughout the District.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe environment at all Airgas facilities.
- Other projects/initiatives as assigned.
What you *will have:*
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution in Business, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Sales Management, Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of increasing responsibility in a business to business sales-related or sales operations position to include prior experience managing a team and a P&L; or comparable experience within the distribution industry involving gases and welding supplies or similar industrial products.
- A track record of achieving profitable sales growth is required.
- Strong leadership skills and the capability of developing a sales team
- Ability to analyze a business opportunity, and develop a successful sales strategy to acquire new business.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business and accounting concepts including but not limited to Return on Investment (ROI), Profit & Loss (P&L) statements, balance sheets, interest and leasing calculations, and margin responsibilities.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, especially in the development of actions plans and to ensure accountability and follow through.
- Ability to make highly effective oral and written presentations and proposals to all levels of management.
- Working knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Daily travel within the District is required (75% of the time). Minimal overnight travel; must have reliable, appropriate transportation.
We take care of you:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more...!
Who we are:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access® telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Title: District Manager
Requisition ID: 32392