Aleris Paint Line Utility in Davenport, Iowa
Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods.
Our Production department is seeking to add a talented Paint Line Utility team member to our Davenport facility. The purpose of this role is to safely, efficiently and effectively contribute to the overall operating process and provide quality product to our customers.
Our Paint Line Utilities receive a base pay of $18.18/hour, along with opportunity to bid for other positions as they become available. All employees are eligible for competitive medical, dental and vision insurance which begins first of the month after 30 days of working. We also offer 401K, including Company contribution, paid holidays and vacation.
Work in a safe manner in compliance with all Aleris safety and environmental requirements, policies, and regulatory statutes.
• Provide material handling services for Coil Coating Line.
• Provides assistance and break relief to multiple operators in Coil Coating.
• Operate a variety of mobile equipment.
• Perform various and/or repetitive tasks in Coil Coating.
• Assist others to provide an organized and clean workplace including assigned areas of the plant, workstations, equipment, walkways and locker rooms.
Must be a leader in safety. Demonstrated willingness to support all safety initiatives.
• Ability to become a qualified forklift operator. Complete and pass training on assigned material handling equipment.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, able to understand, speak, and read English.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• Able to read basic shop measurements, fractions, and decimals.
• Able to use hand and power tools.
• Ability to understand and follow plant safety rules and departmental safety practices
• Must be able to demonstrate a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
• Must be available to work all shifts either on a rotational or straight shift assignment.
• Must have the ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays.
• Must be able to lift up to 35lbs.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check, physical, and drug screen.
• Must be capable and willing to train in other job classifications.
• Must be flexible as job focus and assignments may change frequently based on operational needs
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Forklift certification from a previous company and/or state agency.
• Post high school education.
• Previous experience working in a heavy industrial and/or manufacturing environment.
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions
Position Type: Full Time
External Company URL: www.aleris.com
Street: 1725 Rockingham Road