Robert Half International Application Development Project Manager/Lead in DES MOINES, Iowa
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
• Execute overall project management duties using industry standard project management principles and practices to support all project sponsors, users, stakeholders and the IT project team
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
• Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
• Ensure resource availability and allocation
• Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
• Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
• Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
• Report and escalate to management as needed
• Perform risk management to minimize project risks
• Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
• Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members' individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
• Facilitate team and client meetings effectively
Experience and Education Requirements
• Proficient in the use of PPM tools such as CA-PPM, Plainview, WorkOtter or equivalent
• Extensive knowledge of Project Management principles, practices and processes
• Life/annuity/insurance or financial services industry experience
• Agile methodology experience
• Experience working in a Program Management Office environment
Skills and Abilities
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage effectively across all levels of the project organization.
• Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects of varying sizes and complexities
• Must be able to foster a collaborative and cross-functional team across distinct business units
• Excellent leadership, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-pace team environment and handle multiple projects and assignments under tight deadlines
• Organized and capable of providing leadership in a structured environment while requiring minimal day-to-day guidance
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in MS Project for planning, scheduling and managing projects, resources and budgets
• Proficient in all MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
Project Management, PPM, Manage Project Plan
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Salary: $60.00 - $70.00 / Hourly
Location: DES MOINES, IA
Date Posted: December 24, 2020
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 01500-0011545883
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT
Robert Half International
- Robert Half International Jobs