TEKsystems Cyber Security Analyst in Des Moines, Iowa
*** This position will not sponsor and candidates must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. ***
Our client is looking to add multiple, qualified cyber security professionals to their team.
- 3+ years if demonstrated experience in cyber security, network security, system administration, or related engineering discipline;
- Hands-on technical experience as an individual contributor with documentation skills and experience in, at minimum 4, of the following areas: Linux system administration, Windows system administration, Network component administration, VMware administration, Operating system hardening, Nessus Vulnerability Scanner, Vulnerability assessment testing, analytics and remediation, Software and/or Protocol(s) (LDAP/Active Directory, Tripware), i) Certification and Accreditation (SP800-57, ICD503 preferred), j) Developing System Security Plans (SSPs) and all supporting certification and accreditation documentation (e.g. XACTA);
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools, particularly Excel, Project, and PowerPoint;
- Willing to work overtime and weekends as required to achieve milestones.
- CISSP Certification
- Demonstrated experience in cyber security to include practices/methodologies, associated technologies, application design, and/or experience in an operational environment including NISPOM and/or ICD 503 guidelines, directives and security mandates;
- Experience with cyber security engineering projects and programs for U.S. Government and/or commercial clients;
- Strong understanding of security design and architecture with the ability to recommend solutions to moderately complex IS compliance and security problems;
- Experience in the design and development of cloud-based systems, security architectures and analytics development;
- Security Certifications in accordance to DoD 8570 (IAT Level I preferred);
- Security +;
- SANS GSEC.
Consult with stakeholders to gather, develop and evaluate security requirements to adequately protect information impacted by technical solutions.
Collaborate with peers to establish information security requirements/guidance and communicate with stakeholders to meet business needs.
Escalates issues as needed to ensure adequate security protections exist.
Participate in preparing formal/informal analyses and briefings to define threats related to vendor security and privacy practices. Escalate issues as identified for appropriate mitigation.
Perform other job-related duties and special projects as required.
Consult with and advise areas on information security policies and standards.
Educate all areas of the company on security issues/concerns.
Provide feedback on published information security standards, procedures and controls; recommend improvements when needed.
Remain current on security best practices in the industry by continually increasing security knowledge.
Stay abreast of security concerns/ vulnerabilities for all types of information systems both hardware and software.
Leverage knowledge of security controls to complete review of new, existing, and replacement solutions
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
TEKsystems, Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
TEKsystems is a equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.