UnityPoint Health Day Care Teacher Assistant-Child Care Center in Des Moines, Iowa
Provides childcare services which meet the developmental needs of each child. Follows the daily lesson plans and routines established by the teacher. Works effectively with other team members. The teacher assistant follows hospital, department and Department of Human Services policies and procedures. Successful performance contributes to a positive work environment for UnityPoint Health employees.
• Implements plans and age/developmentally appropriate programs for assigned group of children.
• Interact appropriately and positively with children, participating in and encouraging children’s play.
• Attend to personal and physical needs of children.
• Assist teachers with record keeping and room visuals.
• Maintain a clean, orderly, child oriented, safe environment.
• Communicates children’s day to parents/guardians by written and verbal methods.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Child Development Associate certificate (CDA) or equivalent college course work required.
Experience: Prefer previous experience in early childhood program.
License(s)/Certification(s): Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons. Must pass and/or complete: Mandatory Child Abuse Reporting training, adult and infant/child CPR/first aid training, universal percautions and infection disease control, and minimal staff training requirements annually as required by the Iowa Department of Human Services.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Interpersonal skills, Leadership skills, Communication skill – written and verbal, Flexibility, Teamwork, Professionalism
Requisition ID: 2020-81115
Street: 1019 Chestnut
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Posting Minimum: USD $12.03/Hr.
Name: Child Care Center
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Varied hours between 6AM-6PM
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org