General Electric Field Application Scientist in Des Moines, Iowa
Responsible for supporting sales of complex technical products, solutions and/or services into the cell therapy markets. Deep understanding of the requirements of cell therapy manufacturing, enabling them to build strong relationships with key customers. Expected to be able to support customers by providing expert advice and application support, develop solutions and respond to customers’ technical/process questions in order to develop collaborative relationships with our customers.
• Organize and deliver product demonstrations, training, sites visits and follow ups.
• Provide pre and post sales technical support to customers and sales teams on reagents and cell therapy workflows
• Design and develop initial protocols for customers moving from open to closed systems, or scaling their processes, and where possible perform proof of concept runs.
• Develop good long term customer relationships, and high customer satisfaction whilst utilizing to optimum level resources in the team and Company/GE businesses.
• Troubleshoot customer technical issues and add value to GE’s customers by identifying continuous improvement opportunities in their manufacturing processes and designing and implementing innovative process enhancement
• Ensure exhaustive reporting of all on-field activities and customer contacts on SFDC
• Collaborate with regional and global FAS team to deliver support to global customers
• Developing and maintaining relationships with the regional commercial and marketing teams, as well as the global product managers and R&D organizations
• Designing, developing and delivering training courses, theoretical as well as practical, in the field of cell therapy
• Collect customer and market feedback from the field and channel it to internal team and relevant departments
• Collaborate with colleagues from the wider life sciences team to identify and develop complete solutions for customers.
• Degree in Life Sciences or Engineering discipline
• 2 – 5 years experience within the cell therapy industry
• Experience of working in a cell therapy process development lab/GMP facility
• Be able to demonstrate problem solving and critical thinking
• Ability to function well in a highly collaborative matrixed environment
• Demonstrates a high standard of written/verbal communication
• Demonstrate knowledge and skill in customer service
• Fluent English
• Experience with CRM systems
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming; Continental US, preferably East or West Coast.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.