CommonSpirit Health Medical Assistant in DES MOINES, Iowa
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S., from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Under the direction of the health care provider, Medical Assistant is responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and wellbeing of all patients. Responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosing, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
• Perform general patient care by following established standards and procedures.
• Greet and prepare patients for the health care provider.
• Obtain and record vital signs including but not limited to, blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight, drug allergies, and current medications and presenting problem.
• May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
• Administer ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection, topically, and/or inhalant administration.
• Schedule patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure completion of testing.
• Communicate with patient regarding test results and plan of care by phone or mail as directed by physician.
• Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment; keep patient exam rooms stocked, clean and orderly; dispose of contaminated items according to protocol.
• Document patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results in the medical record as directed by the provider.
• Escalate non-routine issues, questions and/or concerns to the GME Manager, Practice Manager or healthcare provider(s).
• Ensure safety checklists/quality controls are completed as required.
• Provide for patient safety and protection of patient privacy rights.
• Perform other duties as assigned by practice manager, MA Lead or as requested by healthcare provider(s).
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant program required.
• 1-year healthcare experience, preferably in a clinic setting, required.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
External hires must pass a post offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request . We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Requisition ID 2020-133452
Employment Type Full Time
Department Outpatient Psychiatric
Hours Per Pay Period 80
Facility MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center
Standard Hours days
Work Schedule 8 Hour
Location IA-DES MOINES
- CommonSpirit Health Jobs