Eyerly Ball On Call Therapist in Des Moines, Iowa
On Call Therapist
Des Moines, IA
Dispatch: $34/hour; Admin: $24/hour; On-Call: $3/hour
Are you looking to make a difference in your community while earning additional income? Join Eyerly Ball’s Community-Based Crisis Stabilization Team (CSCBS)! We are a crisis service that allows for flexible work hours while operating within a non-traditional healthcare setting.
What is CSCBS?
CSCBS is an exciting new service that will be offered to individuals of all ages who may be experiencing a mental health crisis within the Central Iowa Community Services (CICS) mental health region. This service is designed to provide intensive, wraparound, services to an individual over the course of no more than five days with the ultimate goal of stabilizing the individual from their presenting crisis. The CSCBS team will provide the service to the individual in a combined virtual and in-person manner.
What is the role of a CSCBS On-Call Therapist?
CSCBS on-call therapists are available 24/7, 365 days per year to initiate CSCBS services by conducting eligibility assessments remotely via telehealth for individuals in immediate crisis who may benefit from community-based stabilization services.
A CSCBS On-Call Therapist is responsible for the following:
• Available to conduct eligibility assessments via telehealth within two hours of receipt of referral while being on-call from home in 12-hour shifts
• Determine whether individuals meet criteria for CSCBS program
• Provide compassionate support to individuals experiencing a mental health crisis
• Utilize de-escalation techniques and crisis interventions when needed
• Document each crisis evaluation
• Provide daily contact in the role of the Mental Health Professional on weekends, holidays, and as needed additionally via telehealth for enrolled clients.
• Coordinate and work collaboratively with the CSCBS team
What are the Benefits?
• Flexible Scheduling: On-Call Therapists are able to select 12-hour shifts (7am-7pm and 7pm-7am) that work best with their schedule. Counselors can work as many shifts as they like, but must work at minimum one shift each 2-week pay period.
• Non-Traditional Healthcare Setting: On-Call Therapists will have the opportunity to respond to adults and children in an 11-county mental health region via telehealth, allowing them to provide quality care to a variety of clients while being on-call from the comfort of their home.
• Compensation: CSCBS On-Call Therapists are provided a $3.00/hour on-call rate, and incentivized with a $10/hour on-call rate on holidays. When therapists receive a referral, each therapist receives an hourly dispatch rate of pay of $34.
• Cell Phone Reimbursement: CSCBS On-Call Therapists are reimbursed $2/shift for the use of their personal phones for a maximum of 7 shifts each month.
Must own a working telephone and have the capability to conduct video telehealth assessments
Must maintain a minimum of $100,000 per person and $300,000 per accident auto insurance liability coverage and must be able to present proof of that coverage.
Must be a mental health professional as defined in Iowa Code section 228.1
a) Must hold at least a Master’s degree in a mental health field
b) Must hold a current Iowa license (i.e. psychiatrist, LMFT, LMHC, LISW, ARNP)
c) Must have at least two years of post-degree experience supervised by a mental health professional
Locations for Eligible Candidates: Des Moines, Ames, Indianola
Full time applications will not be considered. ON- CALL opportunity only.