UnityPoint Health Patient Access Associate-Blank Pulmonary in Des Moines, Iowa
Greets patients and visitors, determines their needs, and directs them in a pleasant and professional manner. Answers the telephone, takes messages, schedules appointments, and receives payments and issues receipts. Obtains and enters accurate demographic and insurance information. Performs other tasks as requested, both clerical and administrative.
• Greets patients and visitors and obtains accurate information and signatures for office records
• Obtain signatures on all forms pertinent to the patient’s current visit from the patient or family member who has authority to sign on behalf of the patient.
• Photo-copy & scan insurance cards and driver’s licenses.
• Adhere to all confidentiality policies and procedures.
• Answers telephone calls promptly and accurately. Takes telephone messages and directs calls in an appropriate and professional manner.
• Retrieves, files photocopies or scans medical correspondence, reports and miscellaneous items, as requested.
• Collects payments, issues receipts and reconciles daily accounts receivable activity to prepare for daily deposits.
• Demonstrates initiatives to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
• Completes EPIC work queues.
• Complies with physician’s schedule preferences.
• Open and/or closes the clinic following specific guidelines of the individual clinic.
• Refer patients who need financial assistance with their clinic/hospital bills to a Financial Advocate.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
Experience: Previous experience in a medical setting desirable. Working knowledge of medical terminology and third party payer is helpful. Typing skills 40-wpm or keyboard equivalent. Accurate data entry and spelling accuracy required. Previous customer service experience desirable.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English. Multicultural sensitivity. Microsoft Office – basic computer skills. Customer/patient focused. Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions. Must be able to multitask and stay on track with completing job functions in a very busy work environment with multiple distractions. Ability to adapt to frequent changes in insurance plans, hospital and departmental procedures, job functions and new technology.
Requisition ID: 2020-83443
Street: 1212 Pleasant st
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Posting Minimum: USD $13.90/Hr.
Name: Blank Pulm Clinic- Meth
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.6
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Tue, Wed, Thurs, 8am to 4:30pm (24 hours/week)
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org