Bankers Trust PT Relationship Banker I - BT Altoona in Des Moines, Iowa
PT Relationship Banker I - BT Altoona
Location Des Moines, IA
# of openings 1
Apply Now (https://phh.tbe.taleo.net/phh03/ats/careers/v2/applyRequisition?org=BANKERSTRUST&cws=37&rid=995)
Ensures customer needs are achieved by conducting a thorough financial needs assessment and recommending the most appropriate products and services that fulfill the customer’s immediate and future financial needs.
The Relationship Banker I ensures customer needs are achieved by conducting a thorough financial needs assessment and recommending the most appropriate products and services that fulfill the customer’s immediate and future financial needs. In addition to opening new accounts, this position is responsible for cross-selling and servicing all bank products and services, including loans, and managing an assigned portfolio. The position is also responsible for providing operational support and maintaining essential controls and safeguards and is accountable for delivering information and service that exceeds the client’s expectations with simplicity, guidance and proficiency.
Primary Functions and/or Responsibilities:
• Use effective research, communication, and monitoring skills to manage, maintain, and service an assigned portfolio; maintain comprehensive knowledge of the bank's products and services; utilize electronic resources and CRM to work collaboratively with other divisions to ensure clients needs are met
• Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; explaining the best solution, expediting correction or adjustment and following up to ensure resolution
• Use digital skills to assist clients with mobile and electronic banking questions or concerns
• Process consumer and commercial requests, including but not limited to opening, closing and maintenance work on checking, savings, CDs, IRAs, safe deposit, loans, cash advances, wire transfers, stop payment requests, holds, notaries, and foreign currency purchase and sell requests
• Utilize a cash drawer to process client transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, and bond redemption
• Assist in helping branch run efficiently by assisting in daily operational functions such as: mentoring and training co-workers; supporting changes; reviewing and monitoring overdraft decisions; and performing card management maintenance
• Establish rapport with clients by utilizing personalized techniques; answer and respond to phone calls and emails promptly; support initiatives such as universal banking to strengthen our service levels; and follow the Customer Service Excellence Agreement and Sales Ethics Roadmap
• Uphold confidentiality and customer privacy in all situations
• Enter accurate data into Decision Pro for consumer loan requests; effectively utilize electronic resources to determine requirements, process the workflow, collect necessary financial documentation, and use underwriting skills to recommend decisions
• Generate closed loans and referrals by identifying and developing relationships that lead to new business; use profiling skills to identify and refer clients to different bank partners for non-traditional products and services such as investments, mortgage, trust, commercial loans, merchant services, treasury, and wealth management
• Contribute to the team effort and fulfillment of goals and Bank objectives by accomplishing individual goals and meeting deadlines.
• Comply with all department, company, security and regulatory policies and procedures including but not limited to reporting and record keeping; dual-control functions; audit processes; the opening and closing of the branch and vaults; participation in training courses and testing,
• Exercise leadership by supporting the branch in the absence of management
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
Relationship Banker Level I:
High school diploma or GED
One to three years banking experience in a customer contact position with emphasis on sales of products and services
Notary Public certification within 30 days
Relationship Banker Level II:
High School deploma or GED
Minimum 2 years of experience in a customer facing contact position with an emphasis on sales of banking products and services
2-3 years of underwriting/loan decision experience
Successful sales record/business development skills
NotaryPublic certification within 30 days
Signature Madallion within 90 days
Specific Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
• Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Cash handling experience
• Excellent communication skills (written and/or oral)
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Ability to multi-task
This is a part time position averaging 36-38 hours per week. At Bankers Trust, all benefits are available to full-time employees and part-time employees averaging more than 20 hours per week.
Normal Work Hours: Monday through Friday hours will vary between 7:15 a.m.-6:15 p.m., every other Saturday 8:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
This position requires National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) registration under the terms of the S.A.F.E. Act of 2008 and is subject to the required registration process, which includes a criminal background check and credit check. Failure to meet or maintain requirements, including maintaining a satisfactory criminal and credit record, may result in a rescission of your offer or termination of employment.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
“PROTECTED VETERANS” AND “INDIVIDUAL WITH DISABILITY”