UnityPoint Health RN Infusion in Des Moines, Iowa
UnityPoint At Home
Infusion Registered Nurse
Monday-Friday 8a-430p, On call rotation, and occasional weekends
Full Time Benefits
The RN will coordinate and deliver care to patients that require infusion services from UnityPoint at Home and UPH-DM. They ensure the best possible outcomes and ensure patient satisfaction of these patients. The infusion RNs will be subject matter experts in delivery care to any patients receiving infusion medications.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). o not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· Ensures quality and safe delivery of services to patients according to care plan. Uses equipment and supplies safely, effectively, and efficiently.
Consistently utilizes a holistic approach considering physical, psychosocial, spiritual, educational, safety and related criteria appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned service area.
Provides patient, family, and/or caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and safety issues.
Maintains accurate and timely documentation of clinical records.
Integrates and coordinates the care of the at-risk population across the healthcare continuum making assessments, planning interventions, working closely with providers and overall patient care team.
Facilitates the interdisciplinary plan of care to meet multiple service needs as well as promote continuity through elimination of fragmentation of care/service.
Communicates clinical status and plans clearly, succinctly and accurately to interdisciplinary home care team, schedulers, team leaders, and physicians.
Develops a plan of care appropriate to patient acuity/complexity and specific to the individual needs of the patient.
Care is outcome-oriented, reflects measurable progress and goals toward discharge.
Serves as patient advocate, educator and as a central source of communication for the patient and their support systems and referral sources.
Responsible for coordinating the patient care team in providing quality, cost effective patient care in the care setting.
Monitors the patient care process to evaluate and improve care, collaborating with providers and other health care workers to provide comprehensive health assessment, treatment and follow up evaluation.
Maintains awareness of state and national health care trends and proactively responds with initiatives to enhance provision of care and ensure efficient resource utilization.
Schedules referral appointments and distributes patient educational information as directed by provider.
Responsible for accurate documentation (i.e.: care plan, care and utilization of resources to achieve quality outcomes, conferences, discharges, billing, coding).
Delivers quality care, payor coverage criteria, and providing visits/treatments consistent with the plan of care.
Conducts clinical review of record to include multi-disciplinary review and coordination of care provided in conjunction with visits and documentation.
Identifies risk for acute hospitalization and proactively prevents adverse events.
Incorporates technology in practice including appropriate use of point-of- care technology.
Assists in the promotion of services and products.
Maintains regular and consistent attendance at work.
Behaves in a manner consistent with Mission, Vision, Values and Expectations for Excellence.
Maintains compliance with OSHA, Accreditation Standards, and Risk Management guidelines.
Maintains compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
Behaves in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance policies and procedures.
Performs other duties as requested by the Manager /Clinical Coordinator/Clinical Supervisor to facilitate smooth and effective operations of the organization.
· Achieve certification in Integrated Care Management within 1 year of hire. Certification includes completing the Integrated Care Management formal training session; successfully completing assigned computer based learning modules within 2 weeks of training, and a competency evaluation. Use the Integrated Care Management philosophy, skills, tools and documentation in clinical practice. Demonstrate competency in selected ICM skills annually.
- Employee is responsible for completion of communication tasks and activities in a timely manner. This would include, but is not limited to: responding to email, voicemail or telephone messages promptly, accurately, and professionally; attending staff meetings as scheduled, reviewing notes or viewing videotapes of those meetings; asking questions of team members and supervisors when needing clarification about various day-to-day issues or patient needs; and reviewing employee communication pieces, to stay aware of UnityPoint at Home programs and initiatives.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, ACHC, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Graduate of State Board approved program for Registered Nurses and current license to practice nursing according to the state(s) where service is provided
- BSN or BS in health related field.
· Previous nursing experience in related field.
- Previous home care or infusion experience.
· Valid RN license
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Integrated Care Management (ICM) certification or successful completion of certification within one year of employment.
Valid Mandatory Reporter course completion by state(s) requirement
PICC line and Chemotherapy certification
Strong computer skills.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
Maintains a reliable mode of transportation and has the ability to drive safely during all day and night hours and in all types of inclement weather.
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2021-89488
Street: 1200 Pleasant St
Name: 9400 UnityPoint at Home Affiliate
Name: Other- Mgmt Services- DM
FLSA Status: Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Monday-Friday 8a-430p, On call rotation and occasional weekends
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org