Andersen Windows and Doors Maintenance Technician I - 3rd Shift in Dubuque, Iowa
_PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: _
Use necessary hand and power tools to take appropriate action to replace components, make adjustments and calibrate machinery, to resolve issues and restore equipment to operating condition quickly and efficiently.
Understand and participate in TPM initiatives, also assist in the deployment of TPM objectives
Understand and perform preventive maintenance on all machinery, in a timely fashion, and document finished work.
Evaluate equipment for any repairs, enhancements, or upgrades and complete work as needed.
Perform and understand plumbing, and basic carpentry.
Perform welding and painting tasks.
Assure that all equipment is guarded.
Follow all lockout tagout procedures.
Work in a safe manner and follow all safety polices.
Participate in and sustain 5S activities.
Maintain inventory of supplies and spare parts.
Working with departments on (CIP) Continuous Improvement projects.
Assist with hazardous waste management.
Perform furniture and equipment moves when needed.
_SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES: _
- Work with engineering on new plant layouts/ moving of equipment, and additions of equipment.
- Work with external contractors as needed, in both production and other related areas of the plant.
- Additional duties as assigned.
_QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS: _
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years’ experience in related fields.
- Broad general maintenance skills: carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, machine piping, HVAC and dust collection.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic problems.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical, fluid power, building, electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and prints.
- Ability to properly use testing equipment including (electrical, mechanical and fluid power).
- Knowledge and use of hand, power, shop tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of safety practices such as lockout/tagout and proper use of PPE.
- Basic reading and math skills
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong communication skills; oral and written.
- Possess excellent analytical skills, data interpretation.
- Be able to work alone as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to frequently bend, stoop, lift product and maneuver product. ( up to 50 lbs.)
- Ability to be a licensed lift equipment operator.
Primary Location: United States-IA-Dubuque
Organization: Eagle Window & Door Manufacturing
Job Posting: Jul 10, 2018, 2:01:54 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 23353