UnityPoint Health Guest Assistant-Trinity Hospital- Fort Dodge, IA in Fort Dodge, Iowa
UnityPoint Health-Fort Dodge
.5 FTE (20 hours a week)
Part Time Benefits
The guest assistant will be helpful and friendly to represent UPH-TRMC is a positive manner. They will need to be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to interact appropriately with patients, visitors, families and other health care team members.
This person works closely with staff, visitors, families, patients, sales representatives, members of the clergy, volunteers and support services.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· Acknowledge or greet each person entering the entrance of the Medical Center
· Displays exemplary customer relation skills.
· Screen all persons entering the facility per protocols.
· Directs patients and guests to necessary locations or arranges escort and wheelchair transport if appropriate; assures all persons are accurately directed to the correct location.
· Maintains the safety and cleanliness of assigned entrance and surrounding areas.
· Answers questions regarding services provided on the UnityPoint Health – Trinity Regional Medical Center (TRMC) campus.
· Ensures and enforces policies regarding vehicles parked in the fire lanes.
· Participates in unit department operations demonstrating professional behaviors to support goals in all aspects of the department.
· Strictly adheres to approved protocol regarding all inquiries, especially news media, in the event of a disaster, accident or high-profile patient.
· Is aware of responsibilities in response to all hospital codes.
· Makes sure wheelchairs / Staxi are available at the entrance for patients/visitors.
· Performs related work activities as requested by the Manager of Volunteer & Guest Services.
· Adheres to all hospital policies and procedures.
· Adheres to strict confidentiality.
· Accepts “Lost and Found” items, forwarding them to the switchboard.
· Authoritatively and actively enforce the latex balloon policy and protocol TRMC has adopted.
· Immediately inform vendor of ATM malfunctions and problems.
· Keeps current phone numbers of all TRMC departments, physician offices and TRMC campus offices organized and easily accessible.
· Facilitate and/or deliver gifts, flowers or cards to patients as requested.
· Print and arrange delivery of patient online greetings daily.
· Maintain orderly storage of supplies and keep work area neat, clean and organized.
· Be aware of Safe Haven policy and Infant Abduction policy and be responsible for executing appropriate actions.
· Respond to requests for patient room numbers following TRMC confidentiality rules and HIPAA laws.
· Follow TRMC’s policy regarding relaying patient information to members of the clergy.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High school diploma or its equivalent. Must be 18 years of age or older.
Background in working with people of all ages, educational, cultural and life experiences.
Ability to exercise good judgement, maintain effective interpersonal relationships, flexible, interacts well with people, adapts to change, handles unusual situations with confidence and finesse, effective verbal communication skills, telephone etiquette, excellent customer service skills, computer skills.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
(see sample KSA’s in JD Writing Guide)
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2020-82245
Street: 802 Kenyon Rd
Name: 7020 UnityPoint Health Trinity Regional Medical Ctr
Name: Valet Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org