UnityPoint Health Manager Regional Office-Fort Dodge, IA in Fort Dodge, Iowa
UnityPoint At Home
Manager Regional Office
Full Time Benefits
Provide leadership to ensure effective, efficient regional office operations, optimizing performance and continually improving quality of care in a vastly changing health care environment.
Responsible for overseeing the day to day management including establishment of work schedules, review of staffing needs and the supervision and training of staff in good patient relations and office policies and procedures to ensure smooth, efficient office operations.
Review and revise department processes in conjunction with the customer to ensure efficient operations utilizing lean and performance improvement methodologies.
Ensure productivity of the administrative department by designing and monitoring appropriate metrics.
Oversight of appropriate facility operation in conjunction with building owner and coordinating appropriate repairs in fiscally responsible manner.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). o not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· Office Management Responsibilities:
o Provide leadership to ensure effective, efficient regional office operations, optimizing performance and continually improving quality of care in a vastly changing health care environment.
o Responsible for overseeing the day to day management including establishment of work schedules, review of staffing needs and the supervision and training of staff in good patient relations and office policies and procedures to ensure smooth, efficient office operations.
o Review and revise department processes in conjunction with the customer to ensure efficient operations utilizing lean and performance improvement methodologies.
o Ensure productivity of the administrative department by designing and monitoring appropriate metrics.
o Oversight of appropriate facility operation in conjunction with building owner and coordinating appropriate repairs in fiscally responsible manner.
· Staff Responsibilities:
o Oversight of administrative and office staff performing various processes for the organization and responsible for ensuring those processes are completed timely and accurately.
o Responsible for creating a culture of innovation, learning, teamwork and professional practice, consistent with the mission, vision and values of the company.
o Responsible for creating and ensuring centralized administrative support team providing support for the Region’s clinical and support areas.
o Responsible for the interview and hiring process including completion of employment forms in an accurate and timely manner and coordination of orientation and training programs for new staff members.
o Oversees processes and trains physicians and office staff on UPAH web portal.
o Conducts performance evaluations, coaching, counseling and disciplinary action.
· Communication Responsibilities:
o Establish effective mechanisms of communication with staff and the management team to foster an environment of openness, trust, teamwork and staff development.
o Communicates and works closely with other office managers in SOU for conformity on processes, procedures, and forms.
o Collaborates with service line managers on a consistent basis to ensure balance and execution of both office and service line needs are met.
o Communicate with management regularly to review service issues and opportunities for improvement to ensure the delivery of high quality service to all internal and external customers.
o Employee is responsible for completion of communication tasks and activities in a timely manner. This would include, but is not limited to: responding to email, voicemail or telephone messages, promptly, accurately, and professionally; attending staff meetings as scheduled or viewing videotapes of those meetings; asking questions of team members and supervisors when needing clarification about various day-to-day issues or patient needs; and reviewing employee communication pieces, to stay aware of UnityPoint at Home programs and initiatives.
· General Office Administrative Support Responsibilities:
o Provide administrative support including typing, composing and proofreading minutes of meetings, reports, records, memoranda and other related correspondence.
o Provide administrative support including preparation of reports, graphs, presentation materials and statistical information.
o Schedule and distribute information for meetings (i.e., agenda, minutes, etc.). Organize meeting arrangements as needed.
o Provide administrative support to management, or oversight of staff doing so.
· General Organizational Responsibilities:
o Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and participating in professional societies.
o Meets measures as determined and required for job productivity and performance improvement.
o Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
o Behave in a manner consistent with Mission, Vision, Values and Expectations for Excellence.
o Maintain compliance with OSHA, Accreditation Standards and Risk Management guidelines.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Associate degree in business, health administration, related field, or equivalent experience.
· Bachelor degree in business, health administration, or related field.
Proven supervisory and leadership skills including planning, organizing, and delegating.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications.
Proficiency in proper office/business protocol.
Typing ability of 50 wpm.
Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to take initiative and to exercise independent judgment, decision making, and problem solving.
Knowledge of personnel administration and patient relation principles.
Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
3 years of similar/related experience.
· Experience in health care field.
· Experience with Horizons or Mestamed software.
· Experience with performance improvement or lean methodologies.
· 5 year of similar/related experience.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· All staff are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education. You are required to complete: Management: Monthly Management Training
· In addition, staff are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job-related skills and abilities. All staff must attend mandatory educational programs.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2021-86090
Street: 214 S 25th St
Name: 9400 UnityPoint at Home Affiliate
Name: Admin- Operations- FD
FLSA Status: Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Monday-Friday 8a-430p, May have some daytime travel. Sioux City, Storm Lake, Fort Dodge
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org