UnityPoint Health Patient Companion in Fort Dodge, Iowa
The Patient Safety Companion provides patient monitoring services through direct patient observation in order to provide a safe environment for patients.
Provides 1:1 direct observation to assigned patient to prevent patient self-injury in a situation where patient/family is unable to do so.
Communicates with assigned nursing/nursing support staff on assigned area immediately in case of emergency, or as needed to provide patient care on routine basis.
Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service.
Abides by all hospital and departmental policies.
Must be able to communicate effectively with people of diverse professional, educational and lifestyle backgrounds.
Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
High School graduate or GED,
Familiarity with healthcare environment preferred.
Requisition ID: 2020-81832
Street: 802 Kenyon Rd
Name: 7020 UnityPoint Health Trinity Regional Medical Ctr
Name: Acute Care
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): .01
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Day and Night Shifts Available
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org