Stellar Industries Inc Design Engineer in Garner, Iowa
At Stellar Industries, a premier manufacturer of hydraulic truck-mounted equipment, you will be part of a team that is building the future of Stellar Industries. Stellar Industries is proud to be headquartered in the Heartland where it has designed and Manufactured its products for nearly 30 years. Through the use of a continually growing product line and an expanding distributor network, its products have gained an international presence and have become the number one choice in many of the markets it serves. Stellar is also very proud to be an employee owned ESOP company that employs hard-working, dedicated people such as you. As the Design Engineer, you would design and oversee the development, installation and operation of machines, equipment or systems taking into account cost, availability of materials, strength and maintenance requirements, safety and manufacturability, appearance, impact on the user and on the environment.
· Performs engineering assignments with objectives and involves conventional types of plans and specifications.
· Perform design calculations and prepare equipment and/or material specifications.
· Ability to perform designs using 2D & 3D CAD and Simulation (FEA) software.
· Ability to design and troubleshoot hydraulic systems.
· May supervise or coordinate the work of designers and other technical support personnel.
· Set up control systems, e.g. testing of equipment to make sure those standards of performance, quality, cost and safety are met.
· Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer requirements and related specifications.
· Coordinate activities concerned with the technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering design and test problems.
· Compile data and prepare reports related to research and testing of new and existing products.
· Provides design support to Manufacturing.
· Responsible for complying with safety and quality systems procedures, as required.
· Act as a positive role model for all co-workers
· Promote a productive and non-disruptive work ethic within the company.
· Continuously promotes and fosters a culture of working safety.
· Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as reasonably assigned and required by Engineering Manager
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
· Three to five years of proven experience in the design and/or manufacturing of electrical/electronic products or electro-mechanical systems.
· MRP applications experience.
· Should be familiar with the automotive industry and truck up fitting.
· Familiar with structural welding and weld symbols.
· AutoCAD and SolidWorks experience.
· Hydraulic, electrical and automotive experience.
· Firm understanding of Internal combustion engines and compressed air systems
Job ID: 2021-1114
External Company Name: Stellar Industries, Inc
Street: 190 State St
Shift: 1st Shift