Great Western Bank Branch Manager I in Glenwood, Iowa
General Description and Essential Functions
Responsible for the development and growth of the retail branch’s key drivers to include growth of branch deposits, loans, net income, operating budget, marketing plan, management of risk, and development of employees. Leads business development goals and objectives, staffing models, schedules and performance standards. Embraces and works to achieve the mission and values of the organization. The branch manager level is determined by valuing a number of key measurements.
• Responsible for the overall leadership of the branch activities, including but not limited to business development, sales and service, expense controls, credit, community leadership, budgeting, achieving financial and compliance standards, and facilities management.
• Provide personalized banking services to current and prospective customers, consistently seeking to expand customer relationships and provide the highest level customer service through business development and activities.
• Analyze credit and financial information for processing of loans and other bank products for customers to ensure applicable lending policies and procedures are followed. Responsible for adherence of compliance regulations.
• Manage all product marketing campaigns, sales development activities and referral programs for the branch.
• Assist customers with deposits, withdrawals, payments and coin and cash orders in a friendly courteous manner.
• Create, train/develop and coach a successful sales & service team by holding employees accountable for performance, rewards/recognition for achieving sales and service goals and retention of top talent.
• Conduct weekly sales and service performance meetings with branch. Monitor branch activities and results to insure sales success.
• Perform all daily activities of running a branch including operating a teller drawer, opening accounts, process work, etc.
• Prepare annual business plan and budget to maximize branch profitability.
• Respond to and resolve escalated customer relations issues according to Great Western Bank policies adhering to organization mission and values.
• Coordinate facility needs to maintain an efficient working environment with a quality appearance.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred in business administration, finance, accounting, or related area.
• 2-4 years of successful sales experience with strong working knowledge of banking products and services.
• Minimum of 1 year previous retail or commercial management experience strongly preferred.
• Strong management and business development skills.
• Effective selling and cross-selling skills.
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
• Actively participate in community organizations and activities to project and sustain a favorable bank image in the community.
• Register and obtain a unique identifier number from the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System as a Mortgage Loan Originator.
• Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
• Action Oriented
• Drive for Results
• Customer Focus
• Builds Effective Teams
• Business Acumen
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Great Western Bank
- Great Western Bank Jobs