MV Transportation Payroll Assistant in Harlan, Iowa
MV Transportation is seeking a Payroll Assistantfor our Elk Horn, Iowa Support Center. Successful applicant will perform duties as assigned with an emphasis in the following areas:
- Perform various payroll administrative duties such as scanning & indexing.
- Process Federal W-4 Withholding forms.
- Update Direct Deposit records for new hires and changes.
- Set-up EPay requests (electronic paystubs) for employees.
- Process Manual entries.
- Process Manual checks.
- Collaborate with HR, Garnishment, Union and Vacation departments.
- Filling in for Payroll Coordinators with processing payrolls for Divisions ensuring timely and accurate payrolls.
- Addressing employee concerns and handle tax and garnishment questions for the payroll periods assigned.
- Maintain accurate records and files.
- Assist in preparing and filing weekly 401k's.
- Prepare specific reports/data for inquiries such as audits.
- Process all phases of employee garnishments and answer employee & company inquiries.
- Maintain and verify absence management data in the Lawson system.
- Analyze sick/vacation history.
- Record manual adjustments in Lawson related to absence management.
- Assist in addressing/researching employee inquiries for absence management.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attendance according to local policy.
- Maintain a safe and organized work area.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have data entry, payroll processing and clerical experience.
- General knowledge of windows-based computer operating systems.
- Proficiency in Excel required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to communicate effectively on all levels.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and follow directions.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Harlan, IA
Job Type: Accounting, Admin - Clerical, Finance
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 11/7/2018