Robert Half International Sr. Administrative Assistant in IOWA CITY, Iowa
Robert Half is filling a Contract Administrator position located in Iowa City, Iowa. You must thrive in a fast paced environment, have contract/legal experience.
• Draft, review and negotiate selected proposals, funding contracts, non-monetary agreements and sub-awards related to externally funded research.
• Interpret sponsor requirements; negotiate terms and conditions.
• Provide final review and signature authority on requests for proposals for external funding in designated areas acting on behalf of the Vice President for Research.
• Provide final review of contracts.
• Maintain contract log and other documentation, determine appropriate attachments, and confirm the status of negotiations.
• Administer selected contracts.
• Investigate and resolve unusual circumstances.
• Review selected agreements and requests for proposals to assure compliance with federal regulations, sponsor guidelines and institutional policies.
• Review sponsor guidelines and requests for proposals, interpret and communicate compliance and eligibility information to research faculty and staff.
• Negotiate terms and conditions of research-related agreements.
• Review and endorse prior approval requests and official communication on behalf of the institution.
• Interpret sponsor requirements, guidelines and regulations.
• Demonstrate typically 3 years of professional experience with reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts.
• Demonstrate the ability to perform tasks that require accuracy and detail-level attention, at an extensive level of proficiency.
• Demonstrate excellent communication, interpersonal, and relationship management skills.
• Demonstrate a commitment to service excellence and the ability to meet or exceed service needs and expectations, providing excellent service in a direct or indirect manner.
• Must thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced environment and has the organizational skills to manage a large workload.
• Demonstrate independent judgement and critical thinking skills at an extensive level.
•Experience in government, industry or healthcare contracting.
•Research administration experience with Federal or non-federal sponsors.
•Professional experience in a legal or business setting.
•Advanced degree in a related discipline. JD (law degree) or MBA is strongly preferred
Grant Writing, Vendor Contracts
Call Abbey for immediate consideration: 319-371-3166
OfficeTeam, a Robert Half Company, matches professionals in the administrative field with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Whether you're a seasoned administrative pro or starting your career, we have options for you.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4154. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Robert Half International
- Robert Half International Jobs