Wells Dairy Inc. Packaging Engineering Lead - Design to Value in Le Mars, Iowa
Accountable for identification and delivery of opportunities to increase sales, reduce costs, and increase quality by viewing the entire value chain and connecting functional silos. Responsible for Packaging Engineering initiatives within the company. Develops project plans and leads a cross functional team to ensure all elements of the projects are executed and communicated to senior management and /or key stakeholders. Focused on the 3 Es, execution, exploration and education within DTV.
- Lead Packaging Engineering for the team to optimize our product and business model by understanding and protecting value, identifying and removing waste, ultimately delivering better business performance.
- Accountable for Packaging Engineering leadership through consumer and customer research, product development, sourcing, logistics, form analysis, and vertical integration. Challenge every assumption and push the limits in every aspect of DTV.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of critical initiatives and projects for DTV which include, identifying project goals, timelines, KPIs process improvements, cost reductions and efficiency gains. Effectively convey project goals and objectives clearly and in a compelling manner and escalates as needed to senior leadership.
- Understand for financial position when conducting business planning. Ensures time and resources are aligned to budget and all associated costs are managed effectively. Develops solutions to course correct as necessary.
- Learn together how the pieces of our product model interact and how to optimize them as a chain, versus optimizing them in a functional silo. Educate the organization what we learn, as we learn it and ongoing. Elevate team understanding of the
- science of packaging, purposes of packaging, process to test, process to scale from concept to commercialization, and efficiency opportunities as they relate to packaging.
- Effectively participate in exploration of design diagnostics process, teardowns and leverages internal cross-functional partners to generate ideas and bring strong, data driven solutions to the organization that add value and reduce cost.
- Leverage current experience, relationships and learnings to guide the Packaging Engineering organization in their role in ongoing optimization of the whole organization, developing and implementing process step changes and integrations where identified in partnership with current leadership.
- Bachelors degree in Business or related field
- 5-7 years of Business experience or Packaging Engineering experience, managerial or PMP experience a plus.
- Knowledge - Knowledge of the overall WEI business strategies and knowledge of WEI policies and procedures. Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Recognized as a expert in a packaging substrate(s): has strong knowledge in: paper, paperboard, plastic (molding), flexible film and corrugated; basic computer skills, packaging testing Knowledge of Continuous Improvement, Project Mgmt, CPG, Supply Chain, and Commercialization.
- Skills - Possesses critical thinking and decision-making skills. Problem solving skills, functional and technical skills, written and verbal communication skills, relationship management and interpersonal skills, analytical skills, insight generation. Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Abilities - Ability to prioritize and multi-task within a broad scope of responsibility and a fast-paced environment. Ability to create and deliver persuasive presentations to communicate data driven insights recommendations for improvements and advancements. Ability to delegate and get things done through others. Ability to lead, influence and manage change. Ability to develop and execute business strategies. Ability to effectively lead a cross-functional team and drive results. Ability to build relationships. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels in the organization.
Wells Enterprises is an EEO/AA employer M/F/Vet/Dis
Primary Location: United States-Iowa-Le Mars
Req ID: 2000001018