Capgemini C/C Embedded Firmware Developer in Marshalltown, Iowa
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
C/C Embedded Firmware Design
• Ability and Attitude
o Self-motivated and enthusiastic to work in product development environment.
o Strong passion in embedded engineering. Have strong desired for continuous improvement in applying best practice and modern technologies in embedded design.
o Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
o Should be able to lead and guide firmware team
o Good communication and interpersonal skills and be able to collaborate with other cross-functional team in multi-cultural environment.
o Open-minded, a willingness to experiment within acceptable boundaries and a creative mind to bring novel solutions into design and problem-solving.
o Experience in Industrial product domain
o Have at least 10-15 years of experience in embedded firmware design and development
o At least 2 years’ experience in roles as a firmware lead.
o Have knowledge or experienced in Functional Safety Development processes with respect to IEC 61508
o Knowledge on Cyber Security requirements with respect to IEC62443 4.2 for Industrial Products
o Have strong knowledge and experience in developing embedded firmware using C programming language. Preferably have also experienced in Object Oriented C .
o Have solid knowledge and development experience on 8/16/32 bits Microprocessors / Microcontrollers, boot processes and low-level device drivers.
o Have solid knowledge in RTOS and have experienced in developing embedded application using RTOS.
o Experience in firmware unit and functional testing
o Experience working with USB, Ethernet, RS485, CAN etc. interfaces.
o Experience working with Industrial protocols like HART, Modbus, Profibus, Foundation Field Bus etc.
o Experience working with Design/Development tools like IAR Workbench, Keil, Eclipse, Multiple IDEs, Debuggers etc.
o Strong experience in Agile development.
Bachelor or Master’s in Electrical / Electronics / Computer Engineering.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Involve in firmware development for new industrial product.
• Conduct technical investigation, anomaly replication and root cause analysis systematically and effectively. Be able to establish the probable root-causes based on symptom provided at the system level.
• Conduct requirement analysis and creation of functional requirement specification.
• Conduct detailed technical analysis to ensure the changes have no impact on the Functional Safety concept and design.
• Conduct design and code reviews to ensure the quality of work products.
• Interact with client product engineering team and offshore development team
• Work with client product owners and engineering managers to gather firmware requirements
• Create firmware design specifications
• Engage in firmware architecture discussions with client
• Participate in firmware design reviews with client
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: C/C Embedded Firmware Developer
Requisition ID: 046292
- Capgemini Jobs