TEKsystems Data Center Technician in Marshalltown, Iowa
The Data Center Technician provides hands-on, day-to-day support for all hardware related installs and moves in the data center. The scope of this position currently includes but is not limited to support and monitoring for all hardware and facility systems located within the Data Center.
• Install server cabinets, rack & cable devices within the cabinet as required
• Maintain cable/LAN layout for data center
• Maintain inventory of all hardware as well as change management documentation
• Provide support to IT operation personnel while troubleshooting operational issues
• Assist with shipping/receiving of computer hardware to and from the data center
• Manage tape libraries, perform tape library audits, load & unload tapes for all platforms, manage tape movement
• Operate and monitor computer and peripheral equipment, such as printers, tape, and disk drives on an IBM Mainframe
• Maintain accurate, detailed, and up to date documentation about all the equipment in the Data Center
• Provide on-call support for hardware installations, troubleshooting of storage, server, or network equipment after normal business hours
Data Center, Operations, Server, Storage, Hardware
Top Skills Details:
Data Center experience
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- TEKsystems Jobs