USG Corporation Maintenance Mechanic - Sperry in Mediapolis, Iowa
Perform troubleshooting, repairs, and preventive maintenance activities necessary to keep plant equipment operating efficiently.
- Become familiar with work order system.
- Proficiency in using hand and power tools, cranes/hoist, rigging equipment, welders, fall restraint, etc.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Work as part of a team, communicating and cooperating to achieve the required results.
Ability to perform assigned repair and servicing tasks.
- Diesel engine experience preferred.
- Mobile Equipment experience required.
- Willingness to work the assigned schedule.
- Consistently demonstrate an understanding of all plant & departmental safety rules, standards, and programs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of when, where, and how to use standard and specialized personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Meet the essential physical requirements of the position. Negotiate steps and ladders.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Have ability to understand verbal and written instructions from plant supervision and efficiently and effectively perform assigned tasks.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Maintenance Mechanic - Sperry
Requisition ID: SPE10263
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.
- USG Corporation Jobs