UnityPoint Health Scribe- Internal Medicine Clinic (4 days/week M-F 8a-5pm) in Muscatine, Iowa
UnityPoint ClinicsInternal Medicine.80 FTR (32 hours/week)Internal Medicine The scribe position accompanies the physician upon patient interview and examination. The scribe documents the physician dictated patient visit.
Accurate, timely charting of patient encounters to include, but not be limited to, patient history, physical exams, diagnostic findings, lab and test results, consultations with other providers, diagnoses, discharge instructions and prescriptions.
Accompany the physician upon patient interview and examination.
Document the physician dictated patient history, including history of present illness, review of systems, past medical and surgical history, family and social histories, medications and allergies.
Document physical examination findings and procedures as performed by the physician.
Document the results of laboratory and radiographic studies as dictated by the physician.
Document the correct time of patient care related activities, including physician to physician communication, family communication and re-examination of the patient.
When the physician concludes the patient’s encounter, the physician will review all documentation completed by the Scribe, make any necessary amendments, and sign the chart. The physician is ultimately responsible for documentation of the patient’s encounter. All orders for patient care must be communicated by the physician and not the scribe.
The physician and the scribe will make “chart rounds” to review patient status, delays, and any other care-related issues.
· Professional interaction with patients, physicians, hospital staff and other co-workers.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Graduate of an accredited program for Medical Assistants preferred but not required. Certification not required.
· Computer data entry experience.
· Previous clinical experience in a medical office preferred.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work as a team member.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
· Able to write, read, comprehend and speak fluent English.
· Strong computer skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2020-80162
Street: 1518 Mulberry Ave
Name: 6110 UnityPoint Health Muscatine Trinity
Name: Internal Medicine- Mulberry
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: M-F 8-5 hours vary
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org