Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy Service Technician in Pomeroy, Iowa
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
The Field Service Technician performs planned and unplanned maintenance including troubleshooting and replacement of parts if necessary in a safe and professional manner on Wind Turbines. Detailed records and parts used must be completed for all work performed. Technicians report to site management and communicate needs and or safety issues that arise. Perform first class work on preventive maintenance to be completed on time and right the first time.
· Ability to analyze and resolve problems independently and efficiently
· Provide excellent service to our customers
· Work in stressful, dangerous situations, and participate in the development of new field procedures and best practices
· Actively work on wind power projects
· Flexible travel schedule up to 100% travel
· Complete and maintain required and accurate documentation and records
· Flexibility to work outside planned hours, including nights and weekends as needed and on-call
· Work in varying temperature conditions, and adverse weather conditions
- Driving is an essential function of the job and applicants must have a valid driver’s license at the time of application with an acceptable driving record. Employees must maintain a valid license and acceptable driving record and may be subject to periodic DMV checks of their license. “
Must have minimum of 6 months training within the iron and metal industry or electrical field
· Physically and mentally able to work suspended from heights and in confined spaces
· Climb Wind towers (up to 300 feet) multiple times and at times without climbing aids or lifts
· Willing to travel up to 100%
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Must meet body weight restrictions of 265 lbs. or less as required by the equipment safety regulations
· Must pass a physical administered by a medical examiner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position
· Must have clean driving record and pass pre-hire drug screening
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Must have 1 year of Wind Technician experience or 6 months in a related program paired with 6 months on a wind site preferred
· Certification from a Renewable Energy or Wind Technical Program
· Hands on work experience as a Field Service Technician at a Wind Power site
· Relevant work experience e.g. electrical, mechanical, hydraulicmaintenance/troubleshootingin a military, industrial or automotive setting. Composite inspection and/or repair experience desired.
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementSiemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.EEO is the LawApplicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination ProvisionSiemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.California Privacy NoticeCalifornia residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is a global organisation and it recognizes that its employees represent a large variety of cultures, ethnicities, beliefs and languages. This wealth of diversity is what makes Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy more innovative, creative, sensitive and committed to society. Our diversity is what makes us who we are, and we are immensely proud of that.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy believes that we all have the right to be treated with dignity and respect in the workplace regardless of our race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, beliefs, sex, sexual orientation, gender, circumstances of pregnancy or parental leave, age, disability or marital status.
We seek to promote respect for the law, equality and inclusion for our employees in order to ensure that there is no discrimination by reason of race, gender, marital status, ideology, political opinions, nationality, religion or any other personal, physical or social condition.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy offers a truly flexible and inspiring place to work, with a global presence and a commitment to providing a working environment in which every employee can develop their potential and maximize their contribution.
With a worldwide installed capacity of 89 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 23,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock Exchange.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
- Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy Jobs