Trinity Health Administrative Assistant in Sioux City, Iowa
*Join us and help shape the future of health care!*
Mercy Home Care provides compassionate, exceptional care where people are most comfortable: at home. We are the area's most comprehensive home care provider with trusted quality of care. With new strategy, vision and technology, we are growing and shaping the future of healthcare!
We have a pioneering care model with Home Care Connect, our integrated virtual care program that helps patients avoid preventable ER visits and hospitalizations. It enhances our clinical excellence with advanced, easy-to-use remote monitoring technology and 24/7 access to our Virtual Care Center RNs.
*Administrative Assistant position summary*
Our Administrative Assistant provides secretarial and clerical support to assigned Colleagues. Primary responsibilities include word processing/typing documents, scheduling meetings and maintaining files. The person in this role uses discretion in screening and prioritizing phone calls and mail, editing outgoing correspondence and coordinating schedules and meetings. They also will provide back up for other secretarial/administrative staff when necessary.
- Supportive, motivated colleagues in an inspiring environment
- A robust career ladder, tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- 403b retirement savings plan
- Generous paid time off
- Mileage reimbursement
- Comprehensive orientation
- The incumbent is able to articulate and demonstrate a commitment to the Mission, Vision and Values of Trinity Health and inspires active support of these in others.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree desirable.
- Familiarity with secretarial support procedures, usually gained through five or more years of secretarial experience, preferably supporting executive management within a corporate setting.
- Proficient with at least one word processing, one spreadsheet, one graphics and one database software package. Accurate typing and transcription skills. Proofreading skills, accurate spelling and grammar. Proven ability to compose and edit correspondence, create graphs and develop report layouts.
- Telephone skills, and the ability to operate office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, dictation machines, personal computer and printers.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively coordinate communication between internal department staff, other departments and a wide range of customers in order to schedule and plan meetings, resolve customer inquiries, and respond to internal customer issues.
- Ability to exercise a high level of tact and discretion due to frequency of corporation-wide internal and external contacts, high degree of exposure to confidential data, and frequent dealings with outside individuals who are influential or important to the corporation.
- Analytical skills to gather information, prepare layouts and assemble reports.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and adapt quickly to changes.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate commitment to the mission and Organizational Code of Ethics, and adhere to the Compliance Program.
*About Mercy Home Care*
Mercy Home Care is a member of Trinity Health At Home, a national home care, palliative care and hospice organization serving communities in twelve states. We rank in the top 25 percent of home care agencies nationally, by HomeCare Elite, which measures quality for home care providers (2017). We are a comprehensive, trusted provider of home care in the sacred place that people call home. A Catholic-based, non-profit organization, we serve patients and their loved ones with home care (skilled nursing, physical/occupational and speech therapy and medical social work) and other home health services. Our legacy serving western Iowa, eastern Nebraska and southeastern South Dakota continues with a pioneering, future-thinking care model. We blend clinical expertise with our exclusive Home Care Connect™ virtual care program to help patients achieve their health goals. We have energizing new vision and strategy. Join us and shape the future of healthcare!
Job Number: 00192712
Location: Sioux City, IA
Organization Name: Trinity Health At Home
Facility: THHS - Mercy Home Care - Sioux City
Employment Type: Full time