Air National Guard Units AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR in Sioux City, Iowa
IOWA AIR NATIONAL GUARD - TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION This position is open to current on board technicians employed with the 185th ARW, Sioux City, Iowa Air National Guard
LOCATION: 185th ARW, Sioux City, Iowa
Learn more about this agency
As a AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR, WS-8852-10 your duties are below; (1) Planning: Plans weekly or monthly work schedules and sequence of operations. Establishes deadlines and priorities based on established general schedules, methods and policies. Determines skills, materials and equipment required to do the work. Participates in the initial planning of current and future work schedules and development of budget requests. Provides workload data, estimates, information on staffing needs, and recommendations as the scheduling of projected work.
(2) Work Direction: Assigns tasks to be performed. Explains work requirements, methods, and procedures. Instructs subordinates on new procedures or methods and provides assistance on difficult or new problem areas. Reviews work in progress or on completion. Makes adjustments as necessary to effectively and economically accomplish the work. Notes and investigates work related problems and independently implements corrective actions which can be taken without affecting work operations controlled by other supervisors. Assures that equipment and materiel is available when needed. Coordinates work with other units.
(3) Administration: Recommends and participates in the selection of personnel to fill vacancies. Schedules and approves leave of subordinates. Sets performance requirements and makes formal and informal performance appraisals. Determines training needs of subordinates and arranges for its accomplishment. Counsels employees on problems. Adjusts informal complaints through discussions with employees and union representatives. Takes informal corrective action on conduct or performance problems. Initiates proposals for disciplinary action where needed. Works to achieve the objectives of Government-wide programs and policies, e.g., equal employment opportunity and labor management relations. Promotes the participation of subordinates in programs such as the suggestion program, cost reduction program, etc. Ensures that regulations governing safety and housekeeping are observed with appropriate protective clothing and equipment being utilized. Maintains production reports and records. Periodically reviews position descriptions of subordinates for currency and accuracy. Initiates the detailing of subordinates to positions other than their own. Initiates or participates in review and improvement of work methods, organizational features, and the structuring of positions to eliminate unnecessary positions and achieve optimum content in those remaining.
(4) Performs the nonsupervisory work of the function as needed. (5) Implements regulatory safety requirements and ensures that subordinates wear appropriate safety equipment and follow pertinent safety precautions.
(6) Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises. May be required to perform such additional duties as structural fire fighting, aircraft fire/crash/rescue duty, security guard, snow removal, munitions loading and handling, heavy equipment operation, maintenance of facilities and equipment, or to serve as a team member on boards to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies.
(7) Performs other duties as assigned. D0734
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
8852 Aircraft Mechanic
Conditions of Employment
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires military membership in a compatible military assignment in the Iowa Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of this excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. APPLICATION MATERIALS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 01/23/2019 . FAILURE TO PROVIDE COMPLETE INFORMATION MAY RESULT IN YOUR NOT RECEIVING CONSIDERATION FOR THIS POSITION. Please refer to the Qualifications and Evaluations Section of this Announcement to understand the qualification requirements, and the How to Apply Section for detailed instruction on applying.
Military Rank Requirements: Enlisted (SMSgt and below) MOS Compatibility (but not limited to):2A3XX 2A590 2A5X1 2A5X4 2A6XX 2A8X1 2A8X2C 2A8X1C 2A8X1E 2A8X2E Security Clearance: Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET Security clearance
**In describing your experience, please be clear and specific. We will not make assumptions regarding your experience. Applicants who do not fully address the minimum/specialized experience needed for the position in their resume will not be referred for consideration.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:**Experience or training that has provided the candidate with the skill to remove and replace aircraft parts, accessories, and components, and to make adjustments and settings according to established specifications. Must be skilled in the use of hand tools and test equipment.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: WS-8852-10:Must have at least* 36 monthsexperience in the following:* 1. Experience which demonstrates the ability to plan, direct, and organize work assignments for lower grade personnel. 2. Experience which required the review of work requirements and establish priorities to meet deadlines. 3. Experience that provided knowledge of various lines of work performed by this function. 4. Experience which demonstrates the ability to supervise or the potential to perform such duties as evidenced by the ability to communicate knowledge of general supervisory concepts, and knowledge of shop processes. 5. Experience in adapting existing equipment and techniques to new situations.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Employment is subject to attaining and maintaining a secret clearance as required by this position. If the selectee does not possess the applicable security clearance when hired, application must be made within 30 days of the start date. Failure to make application for the required security clearance will result in termination of employment. Failure to complete NGB prescribed courses at the PEC for new FTS personnel within the first year of employment may be cause for reassignment or termination of FTS. ENLISTMENT CASH BONUSES: Acceptance of a technician position may affect any bonus and/or educational assistance that may be applicable. Please contact your Education Office prior to accepting a position with the Iowa Army National Guard. Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
If you are a male applicant born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for this position:?
- Knowledge or training installing, adjusting, aligning, troubleshooting and functionally testing the various major and minor mechanical and pneudraulic systems on an aircraft during overhaul or modification.
- Ability in coordinating the work of other mechanics, and scheduling maintenance to ensure completion of critical actions and optimum workflow.
- Must have the ability to instruct lower graded mechanics, military and other personnel in the disassembly and re-assembly of crash damaged engines, transmissions, gearboxes, hydraulic components, and fuel controls sufficient for the exhibit to be returned to its shipping container
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
- Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (format should include Month and Year) of employment and duties performed.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
IA 185th ARW 2920 Headquarters Ave Sioux City, IA 51111-1300 US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521174100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 01/09/2019 to 01/23/2019
Pay scale & grade: WS 10
Salary: $28.66 to $33.41 per hour
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time