UnityPoint Health Greeter in Sioux City, Iowa
The Greeter/Patient Access candidate must have a passion for customer service and ensures that guests and patients are greeted with an inviting smile upon arrival to UnityPoint Health – St. Luke’s Hospital. In this highly visible role, they will be responsible for providing information and offering directions to all incoming guests, visitors, and patients that enter the main entrances of the hospital. This is the ideal position for someone that enjoys guest relations, greeting and welcoming people, and is dedicated to creating a World Class Experience with every interaction. Also has responsibility to facilitate patient intake process by registering patients into the Hospital’s computer system.
• Demonstrates UnityPoint Health – St. Luke’s FOCUS values in all actions and interactions.
• Ensures that patients and visitors are directed to their destination in a timely manner.
• Demonstrates familiarity with all physical aspects of UnityPoint Health – St. Luke’s.
• Provides timely, accurate, and courteous registration services and provides patient information as appropriate, including pre-certification and approval requirements.
• Will convey a pleasant and cheerful personality with a high level of customer service while answering phones or addressing requests.
• Receives and manages deliveries to the front entrance.
• Offer assistance to patients and visitors who may need an escort or wheelchair transport.
• Direct patient hand-off and communication between departments using our Patient Experience Core Competencies.
• Will utilize down time to achieve maximum productivity by participating in Patient Access work when not assisting patients or answering phone calls as assigned.
• Committed to monitoring incoming activity and overall appearance at the hospital’s main entrance.
• Ability to determine non-emergency and emergency situations and engage the appropriate departments or Code alerts.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
• Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
• Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
• Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
• Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
• Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
• Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
• Follows hospital policies pertaining to HIPPA and PHI.
Requisition ID: 2020-81901
Street: 2720 Stone Park Blvd
Name: 7520 UnityPoint Heath SC St Lukes
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.2
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Weekends; 16 hours every other weekend
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org