UnityPoint Health Respiratory Tech (Part time - every other weekend/holiday) in Sioux City, Iowa
UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's
Part-time with varying shifts and every other weekend & holiday
Provides basic respiratory care procedures throughout all areas as ordered by the physician. Participates in patient and family teaching. Students will always work with in house supervision.
· Utilizes assessment skills to provide respiratory care procedures to achieve optimal benefit to the patient.
· Communicates with RC staff regarding patient therapy and their expected outcomes.
· Assists in the work flow wherever needed in order to deliver prompt attention to the patient.
· Responds to code situations to be of assistance if needed.
· Maintain accurate records, documenting clinical notes in the patients EMR
· Educate patients on meds, spacers, their illness and therapeutic devices.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
- Be enrolled in an accredited RT program and be in good standing.
- Preferred - Completion of 1 semester of an accredited RT program
- BCLS certification upon hire
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks English
Basic computer knowledge in order to chart in the EMR
Able to communicate and work well with a team of various professionals
Requisition ID: 2021-86346
Street: 2720 Stone Park Blvd
Name: 7520 UnityPoint Heath SC St Lukes
Name: Respiratory Care- SLRMC
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.5
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Part time varying shifts, every other weekend/holiday
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org