Green Plains Renewable Energy, Inc. Water Treatment Technician in Superior, Iowa
Green Plains Inc. is a publicly traded Fortune 1000, diversified commodity processing business with agribusiness, ethanol production, cattle feed lot operations, commodity marketing, and distribution services. We are a growth company and the second largest consolidated owner of ethanol production facilities in the world. Green Plains, through our wholly owned subsidiary Fleischmann’s Vinegar Company, also provides specialized ingredient solutions for leading food and feed manufacturers.
Monitors, tests and controls the treatment of water and waste water, insuring the quality of water for use and discharge. Involved in safety, quality, production, operation reliability, environmental compliance, cost minimization, yield maximization, energy utilization and other aspects of operations as assigned.)
- Operates the water treatment plant insuring water quality falls within acceptable parameters and notifies supervisor of any concerns.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures for plant start-up, shut down,
- Collects water samples and analyzes results to verify water is within defined parameters. Uses this information to determine if adjustments are needed to the process.
- Acknowledges all alarm warnings. Determining the corrective action needed to be taken.
- Troubleshoots problems by investigating and inspecting and then utilizing mechanical or chemical methods and technical expertise to resolve and eliminate related issues.
- Performs sample collection and documents field observations.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures.
- Keep facility clean including mopping and hosing down plant floors – tour ready conditions.
- Communicate with the Laboratory and learn testing procedures.
- Addresses plant reliability issues through the Mapcom work order system.
- Records adjustments and other notable information into a log book.
- Completes all paperwork in a thorough and accurate manner.
- Monitors various systems required to maintain environmental compliance
- Has a full understanding of all specifications and required parameters.
- Maintains good communication and working relations within the department and across the plant/company.
- Ability to give direction and training to co-workers.
- Works proactively and offers up suggestions for improvements in work methods and procedures.
- Handles chemicals in accordance to company safety procedures
- Reads and interprets piping and instrumentation drawings.
- Attends department meetings and participate in safety programs and ongoing training sessions.
- Performs light maintenance on various pieces of equipment and other moving parts.
- Works safely within all established safety policies and procedures.
- Corrects and reports all safety hazards and conditions to the supervisor.
- Has the ability to cross-train in the production department and is capable of working and providing PTO coverage for operators.
- Cross-trains in the boiler house and attains provisional license when eligible.
- Be available occasionally for call in work and overtime.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the management team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Detail-oriented; proficiency for accuracy; dependable; positive attitude; team player.
- Ability to multi-task and take ownership of assigned projects.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in industrial production plants helpful.
- Working knowledge of windows operating systems.
- Experience working with Excel, internet, e-mail and other computer functions.
- Must be hard working and self-motivated
- Must be able to manage confined space entry, climb ladders and steps, lift up to 60 lbs, and work at heights up to 125 feet.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Must have a strong level of integrity
- People skills and the ability to lead others
- Able to work a 12 hour shift
- Willingness to learn and operate rolling stock vehicles
- Walk across uneven surfaces and grating
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Able to carry up to 50 pounds
- Stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to wear required PPE when necessary
Green Plains Inc. offers competitive pay: a generous benefit package including business casual work environment, health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO) and a 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting and company safe harbor matching. All potential employees of Green Plains Inc. will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check prior to employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Requisition Number: 18-0216
Post Date: 8/27/2018
Title: Water Treatment Technician
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours: Day