UnityPoint Health Social Worker MSW in Urbandale, Iowa
UnityPoint At Home
Social Worker MSW
Full Time Benefits
Maintains the standards of social work excellence in accordance with the scope of practice and standards of care set forth by the proper state chapters of Social work and the NASW Standards for Social Work Practice in a Health Care Setting
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· Conducts assessments, diagnosis and treatment of the social and emotional factors related to the patient’s illness, need for care, response and adjustment to care and completes appropriate plan of care and interventions according to scope of practice.
· Consistently utilizes a holistic approach considering physical, psych/social, spiritual, educational, safety and related criteria appropriate to the age of the patient. Participates in the development of the plan of care and attends interdisciplinary team meetings.
· Assesses the relationship of the patient’s medical and nursing requirements to the patient’s home situation, financial resources and available community resources. Provides information and appropriate referral action to obtain available resources to assist in resolving patient/family issues.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Master’s degree in social work from a University/College accredited by the council on Social Work Education and State Licensure per State Code
One year clinical experience in health care.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Mandatory Reporter: Child & Dependent Adult Abuse
Person Centered Care (PCC) course completion within first 12 months of hire and annual completion of competency validation activities.
State Licensure per State Code.
Strong interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to take initiative and exercise independent judgment, decision making and problem solving expertise.
Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2020-80505
Street: 11333 Aurora Ave
Name: 9400 UnityPoint at Home Affiliate
Name: SN Visits- HC- DM
FLSA Status: Exempt
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org